Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAM together with preout filter in configurator
Hello!

When SAM is enabled in the configurator then the filter settings for the preout (in speaker settings) are disabled.
So this suggests, that SAM and preout filtering does not work together. But also the following is true:
If you first set the preout filtering when SAM is disabled and after that you enable SAM then both is effective:
SAM and preout filtering.
I have checked this on my Devialet 250 and it works (checked with music and test signals, with preout on and off).
I get an unaltered (not SAM processed) signal via peout to my subwoofer and a high-pass filtered and SAM modified signal to my main Speakers (If I switch off the preout via the remote, then I get a full range SAM processed signal to my main speakers because I have configured full range for preout off).
Even if SAM mainly works for low frequency (up tp 250Hz I think) it is also an advantage when used together with high-pass filter and a woofer: Filter frequency is below 250Hz and also phase correction is applied.
The question now is why has Devialet disabled the filtering when you first enable SAM? And why do they allow to activate SAM when you first define the filter?
I think I have to ask Devialet support this question or has someone here already got an answer for this configurator anomaly?
I didn't even know this was a problem. I use my pre-outs to a separate amp in my garage and have had that setup pre-SAM so I would have activated SAM after choosing pre-out when I was using firmware 7. I did do a whole new config for firmware 8 so I must have done it in the same order. Lucky!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
SAM and preout filtering. WOW - love it.
Thanks for that info.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX