Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAMmed speakers für 1000Pro?
(25-Apr-2024, 20:51)fraserhadden Wrote:
(17-Apr-2024, 17:52)DUTCHDevialet Wrote: I know it's all about personal taste, having tried lot's of speakers in the past, even big Tannoy's, Reference 3A Grand Veena's, PenAudio and Klipsch LaScala etc., the speaker I'll highly recommend with the Expert Pro1000 is the Yamaha NS5000. Big powerfull sound, lot's of pressure, pretty neutral and big soundstage. Looks are a bit retro, even with the metall grills but it's the speaker that stopped me looking for alternatives... For me (and I know it's personal) that's a big compliment for a speaker. Ofcourse Devialet does support this speaker with a SAM-profile.

How exciting! I had thought that I might be the only person in the world using NS5000s with Expert Pro CI 1000's. The 'speakers garnered very favourable reviews on release, yet I hear and read little about them these days and was able to secure mine, ex-dem, at just under half price 30 months ago.

I have vaguely considered a subwoofer,  but Yamaha do not make a matching unit for the 5000. Any thoughts?

Fraser

Hi Fraser, seems like you're even impressed by yamaha NS5000's performance as I am. As said before, I really like the pressure of sound NS5000's is able to set down. I'll agree with Pims comment about using 2 subwoofers. Although I feel no need to add subs to my NS5000, I think the JL Audio E110 subs (a pair) I've had in the past will do their job. Integration of this sub is very easy, it also adds almost no coloration to the original speaker. JL E110 isn't cheap - maybe an idea to start with one sub only. Last, E110 piano black will match NS5000 perfect. It's all about the detail ;-)
Expert 1000 Pro Dual CI | NS5000 | Perspective Final Edition + MM Bronze | ZENmini MK3 + LPSU | Puritan PSM136 | Renolabs USB Isolator + PSU | Entreq fanboy | Dione | Isoacoustics Mini Pucks | Gemini