Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD-CARD ERROR MESSAGE
FWIW, I've used six different SD cards for firmware and Configurator duties and haven't needed to format any of them. This is using a Mac BTW.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Have you tried re-installing the OS? If you do be sure to use the SD Formatter software ( free ) and overwrite the SD card data first. Using the Mac OS to format may cause problems from what I've read.
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2
(01-Aug-2016, 08:24)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Hi - did the card work in the Dev before? Was it reformatted just prior to failure?  Can you read the card in a PC/Mac?  
I think a few people have had card reader failures unfortunately.

The card reader is scuppered...just sent it in for repair but now, after an expensive UPS shipment across the country to the distributor in Quebec, they tell me after it arrives, that the technician is in France at Devialet and so away for a couple of weeks.  Nice touch.  Paid a premium for one day shipping.
Has a certain Devialet charm consistent with this recent rollout...."yes, just send it to us, we'll take care of it.   After they have it in hand. "oh, by the way, the only trained Devialet service technician is on holidays for two or three weeks"
Crazy.
Anyone have experience with using the Companion as a stereo unit with ethernet as the sole input?  I recall reading that without the wifi card that ethernet is crippled in the companion.  Is this true?
Thanks for any assistance.
I'll surely go crazy without music for a month.
(03-Aug-2016, 21:21)Wdw Wrote:
(01-Aug-2016, 08:24)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Hi - did the card work in the Dev before? Was it reformatted just prior to failure?  Can you read the card in a PC/Mac?  
I think a few people have had card reader failures unfortunately.

The card reader is scuppered...just sent it in for repair but now, after an expensive UPS shipment across the country to the distributor in Quebec, they tell me after it arrives, that the technician is in France at Devialet and so away for a couple of weeks.  Nice touch.  Paid a premium for one day shipping.
Has a certain Devialet charm consistent with this recent rollout...."yes, just send it to us, we'll take care of it.   After they have it in hand. "oh, by the way, the only trained Devialet service technician is on holidays for two or three weeks"
Crazy.
Anyone have experience with using the Companion as a stereo unit with ethernet as the sole input?  I recall reading that without the wifi card that ethernet is crippled in the companion.  Is this true?
Thanks for any assistance.
I'll surely go crazy without music for a month.

True. Ethernet and wi-Fi are both disabled on the companion, unfortunately for you.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
@Wdw - Sorry to hear of this. I would certainly call that less than stellar service from the distributor, in fact I can think of a few other descriptions that are not family friendly. Is USB input not viable at this time for you?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Dear All,
Thanks for your concern. Truly stinky customer service. Sold my Aries so will have to scratch around for a source.
Best Warren
Warren - where are you located, happy to lend you my Aries Mini till your D200 returns.

Seriously. You can reply here or PM me. I am not using it at the moment.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Thanks very much for your generous offer....truly great of you but we have an international border between us (I'm in Vancouver, BC, Canada) and likely some distance. I am still trying to shake the tree at Plurison (Canadian distristributor) to see if I can get some action.
Regards,,
Warren
Ok, in Northern California, so if you change your mind....

SXSW, US
So if you just have a companion, does the volume control still work?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12