Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card
Hi,

I'm new to Devialet 220 with an Expert Pro 220. Whenever I take out the SD Card and try to change configuration whenever I reinsert the card I get the message Card Fault conact Devialet.
Strangely, when I updated the softare it worked perfectly for that, though. I'm doing this via a Mac. Anny suggestions?
Whats on the SD card when you put it back in? Should just be the config file.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Hi_Swonlon

The only thing when I put the SD Card back in is the config file. Nothing else. I still get the erros message saying there's a fault and the the Devialet reverts to factory config. Could it be the card? Although I doubt that as it uploaded software without a problem. Am I doing something wrong on the configurator?
I'll try again tonmorrrow.
(18-Jun-2018, 00:02)jonmyles Wrote: Hi_Swonlon

The only thing when I put the SD Card back in is the config file. Nothing else. I still get the erros message saying there's a fault and the the Devialet reverts to factory config. Could it be the card? Although I doubt that as it uploaded software without a problem. Am I doing something wrong on the configurator?
I've suffered on two occasion using  ''bad' SD cards. One set was supplied by Devialet, and it was only through their support team and various posts that I discovered not all SD cards are created equal. Changing to new SD cards solved my problems.

I also had an issue when the file name I created in the configurator was too long. Solving this problem took quite some time, but Devialet advised a file name using no more than 20 charecters including spaces.
So their own configurator let’s you make an invalid config file name. Another lazy bit of coding.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-Jun-2018, 19:59)SteveI Wrote:
(18-Jun-2018, 00:02)jonmyles Wrote: Hi_Swonlon

I've suffered on two occasion using  ''bad' SD cards. One set was supplied by Devialet, and it was only through their support team and various posts that I discovered not all SD cards are created equal. Changing to new SD cards solved my problems.

I also had an issue when the file name I created in the configurator was too long. Solving this problem took quite some time, but Devialet advised a file name using no more than 20 charecters including spaces.
Well, after some chat with Devialet they advised me to take out the card, reformat it and then load an older configuration from my account. This, actually, worked. Except when I tried again naming the file Jon's New Network Config it went back to card error so that 20 character limit might be right.
Seems a bit daft for such a sophisticated piece of equipment to have such a software problem.
Still, it is sounding brilliant.
(18-Jun-2018, 20:41)jonmyles Wrote: Seems a bit daft for such a sophisticated piece of equipment to have such a software problem.
Still, it is sounding brilliant.

You’ll get used to the Devialet way...... perfectionism (or even professionalism) isn’t one of their core strengths on the software side.

If you’re working and sounding good then that’s good news.

It is an exceptionally sophisticated piece of hardware - brilliant in fact. Software, however... well, not so much.

I also ran into the config filing naming issue. Since then I've just left it with the default dp_cfg.txt name. Good to know that I can actually use of up to 20 characters.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(18-Jun-2018, 22:12)mdconnelly Wrote: It is an exceptionally sophisticated piece of hardware - brilliant in fact.   Software, however... well, not so much.

I also ran into the config filing naming issue.   Since then I've just left it with the default dp_cfg.txt name.   Good to know that I can actually use of up to 20 characters.

The 20 characters is for the name of the configuration the you make it up in the online configurator. The dp_cfg.txt file will always need to stay as is.

Have a read of this: 

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

If anyone has anything to add, please let me know and I'll change it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.