Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD Card - max size and format
Hello All,
Just had our D400 in house for afew days and so very much a newbie.  Am using the Master and Slave SD cards supplied with the gear but thought I also try a 64GB Class 10 card formated by OSX to Fat32 but get an error when the unit tries to read the card.  Is there a limit to card size and format afterwhich the Devialet will not read.  I read earlier support pages indicating a 2GB limit for firmware in the 5.0 range but that this limit was increased with later firmware editions.
Not getting much help from the North American Devialet support as the techniciam doesn't appear to understand the question.
Anyone have the upper limit for card size and file format.  The supplied cards are Fat16 but Mac OSX writes the card at Fat32.
Thanks in advance,
Warren
Have not managed to get any card over 4GB to work in mine.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
I have not tried anything larger than 4GB SD cards in my 400s. I got them at Amazon, $8 for a two pack. They are still available,

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JEL...ge_o00_s00

I cannot recall if formatted on my Mac as FAT16 or FAT32, I can check tomorrow for you. Apologies as I have not tried anything larger than 4GB as the Devialet uses so little space on the cards.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
It says in the manual, Configuration and Updates section, that cards larger than 4GB should not be used.
The smaller cards seem to become rare so I've ordered 2x 4GB SD cards as backup.
Got 4 cards in total now, so should be safe for a while.

Call me paranoid! Blush
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Thanks all for your comments although my manual makes no mention of a four GB limit. Will follow Cylob and buy a couple of 4GB.
Cheers, wdw
(05-Jan-2016, 19:48)Wdw Wrote: Thanks all for your comments although my manual makes no mention of a four GB limit.  Will follow Cylob and buy a couple of 4GB.
Cheers, wdw

Update...reply from Devialet support Paris:

"Basically the answer is : use the card that was supplied with your amp when you unboxed it.

In case you lost that card, these are the specs of the cards supported by our units: SD or SDHC type only. SDXC not supported. FAT16 or FAT32 formatted and max. 16GB in size."
(05-Jan-2016, 19:48)Wdw Wrote: Thanks all for your comments although my manual makes no mention of a four GB limit. Will follow Cylob and buy a couple of 4GB.
Cheers, wdw

I daresay they added the warning when people complained that the larger ones didn't work. Cylob is right though, the 4GB are getting harder to source. I found some in, of all places, Boots the chemist ! Good luck finding some spares.
Amazon is your friend:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JEL...ge_o00_s00
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I ordered some 4GB Sandisk cards from Amazon.  They did not come with cases so I ordered those separately.  Keep that in mind if you order.

I ordered these:

http://www.amazon.com/Memory-Plastic-Sto...card+cases