Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SD card extension cable.
(11-Aug-2015, 18:35)octaviars Wrote: Got the cables today and before I put them in just for fun I wraped them with some aluminiumfoil and tested. Did not work, got an error message in the display "version error A384, DUET0504.HEX" so I removed the foil and then it worked perfectly. I dont now if this is good or bad and if I am going to use them if something is that sensitive.

You've just proven that not all shielding is good. I guess the reflection of EM forces back into the cable caused the transfer to go south. Interesting.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
i have wondered before if that was a possibility pim!!

maybe its the disconnected ground? it has no path to follow so it reflects completely back
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
In my Chord power cables the sheild is not connected to ground and I asked Chord if this was correct and they said it was better that way in their cables.

I think I am going to e-mail Devialet and ask what the error code means and what they think about the SD extension.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(12-Aug-2015, 09:00)completeluxury Wrote: i have wondered before if that was a possibility pim!!

maybe its the disconnected ground? it has no path to follow so it reflects completely back

I think you might be onto it. Usually grounding is done at least on the 'source' end. If the EM has nowhere to go it's quite possible to just reflect it back into the conductors.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
There are 2 kinds of shielding, your chord power cables would be braided rather than foiled which is why its ok to not ground it perhaps?

Foil type shields reflect while braids absorb. The best combination for data transfer is both braid and shield just like in a coax.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)