Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup/restore firmware ?
Anyone know how to backup/restore Phantom firmware without interference of Devialet ?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(06-Aug-2018, 07:45)jvi Wrote: Anyone know how to backup/restore Phantom firmware without interference of Devialet ?

Why would you need to do that? Just asking out of interest.
(06-Aug-2018, 08:35)Extra Gravity Wrote:
(06-Aug-2018, 07:45)jvi Wrote: Anyone know how to backup/restore Phantom firmware without interference of Devialet ?

Why would you need to do that? Just asking out of interest.

In the computer/software world you can make your own backups (and stand-alone restore them if necessay); you can restore older versions if you want.

In this moment we are completely dependent from Devialet. They on fact decide what (can) happen with your system.

We have not heard of them for a long time, what will happen when they stop servicing.
Would not be the first company in this world (I know that from eg Simple Audio).

In that case your own stand-alone possibilities can save (the use of) your system.

Good point @jvi . That is one of the few advantages of the SD card of Experts. Is there no option to select a local firmware file in Spark or the iOS Phantom app?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Not that I know off.

Ofcourse there are the (also in this forum described) Devialet procedures. And they are helpful.

In case your firm/software become corrupted, and “push-button procedures” won’t work, and Devialet isn’t there anymore...

Well, don’t tell me it will never happen; that’s why I want user backup/restore possibities.

(06-Aug-2018, 10:52)jvi Wrote: Not that I know off.

Ofcourse there are the (also in this forum described) Devialet procedures. And they are helpful.

In case your firm/software become corrupted, and “push-button procedures” won’t work, and Devialet isn’t there anymore...

Well, don’t tell me it will never happen; that’s why I want user backup/restore possibities.

I‘m not aware of any place to get a firmware from the Phantoms. But, the web interface of the Dialog (‚ip-Address-of-Dialog‘:8080) has means to upload a firmware. Unfortunately, there are no means to download/save the currently used one. So maybe Devialet would give a fw version to someone before they would turn off the lights.