Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sadly preparing to return Phantoms
The boxes are a bitch to repackage. Has anyone had trouble with the 45 return policy?

My letter to Devialet:

Hi

I bought these speakers and was excited. One of the big reasons was to play music at my father's funeral and wake. The speakers themselves are amazing, and the audio quality breathtaking.

But on the day, the Spark app wouldn't show my iTunes library, then was crashing, then wouldn't connect to any of the local folders at all. I had brought my own router with me, and connected everything via Ethernet because I was afraid of drop outs that I'd experienced before. There was no problem connecting to the dialog etc, but a huge problem connecting to media. I spent at least an hour messing with this when I should have been grieving my father.

In the end I gave up, and used Bluetooth which was okay, but other phones in the room kept connecting by accident and playing the wrong music. And I couldn't play the playlist I had worked on painstakingly for days before.

As a result I would like to return the speakers and the dialog. I will purchase these at some point again probably, when the software has matured.

I have done my very best not to damage the packaging, but it is nigh-on impossible to get them back into the box they way they were so perfectly packed before.

Let me know how to arrange for them to be picked up.

Thank you,

Antony
I'm sorry for your loss mate. And nobody should have to muck around like this with audio gear ever, let alone at you old man's funeral.

All the best,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.