Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samsung Universal TV remote & Devialet Expert
Photo 
I recently purchased a devialet expert 200 and realised that i cannot control the device with my harmony remote as it doesnt have RF. But i noticed that the remote of samsung tv is RF and that it is universal. However i cannot make it work. Did anybody manage use a samsung tv remote to control volume on devialet expert? 

Thanks and regards

Burak

Samsung Qled 75, Devialet Expert 200, monitor audio pl300, kimber 8tc, shunyata venom power
Can you connect your Samsung remote to a website where you can download command codes like you can for your Harmony remote? If so, check whether Devialet codes are available from that website.

If there is no such website you can access, can you teach your Samsung remote the codes for another device in a similar way to the way you can teach your Harmony remote the codes for another product by pointing the product's remote at the Harmony's IR sensor and working your way through the range of codes you want to teach it?

If you can't get the Devialet command codes from a Samsung website database and the Samsung remote is incapable of being taught the Devialet codes by picking them up from your Expert Pro remote, then you're out of luck. "Universal" is a great word when it comes to remotes but in practice what it often means is that the remote comes with a fixed library of command codes for a limited range of products and it is incapable of acquiring other codes.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I control my Devialet using rs232 commands
If your harmony is capable than it’s works just perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk