Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Schumann Resonances, SineTone v1.0 [free app]
Introducing Schumann Resonances, SineTone v1.0

Just download & press PLAY.
You will not hear much, but the theory is that you will feel better.

Free Download from :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6lhyi5adrjtiru...p.zip?dl=0
(macOS 10.14+)

Read about Schumann Resonances here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances
Added bonus : it makes music you play on your music system sound better too :-)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
(27-Feb-2021, 09:35)yanc Wrote: Read about Schumann Resonances here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schumann_resonances
Added bonus : it makes music you play on your music system sound better too :-)

Interesting.
How it makes the system sound better?
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Anyone remember the Densen Demagic disc? (Still available apparently)

Works on a similar principle. Review here.
But this is just a testing software right or am I missing something ?
(27-Feb-2021, 20:39)markush Wrote: But this is just a testing software right or am I missing something ?

It's pretty much done software :-)
I'm using it on my MacMini, that is also connected to the Devialet. SineTone plays from the built in speakers.

I have placed it on this, and 2 other hi-fi forums.
You can download it and see if it makes any difference to your mood, while listening to your system.

The theory is extensive (out there), and there is a number of physical devices on Amazon that do the same thing, ranging from €10 to 100+

This app emits a signal at the 7,83 HZ frequency.
You will not hear anything. Humans don't hear anything below 20Hz. (To test it works you can use a different frequency, such as 200Hz).
Mac Mini + Matrix X-SPDIF2 + Echoes Music 1  |  Pro-Ject CD Box RS2T  ⏵  Devialet Expert 250 Pro  ⏵  Boenicke W5 SE, B&W ASW 608 Sub
Ah interesting! Though my B&W 803 D3 are not able to output such low frequencies - as nearly all speakers are.
Some more notes:
If I understand this properly, most of the aforementioned devices (on Amazon) emit signals at the fundamental frequency (7,83 Hz). And the price difference is purely on housing.
Others (such as the Blushield EMF protection cube) cover a wider range of frequencies, that allegedly protect you from harmful noise emitted by cell phone (mostly).
I believe the Synergistic Atmosphere devices are based on a similar principle. (This is only from google searches, so don't quote me on this).
I own / tried a few of these devices, with mostly positive results. Wider soundstage, more clarity on sounds. But some of those devices I find inducing a somewhat nauseating feeling, if placed near by.

anyway, this is free. try it and if nothing happens, bin it. Else leave some comments here ...
thanks!
(27-Feb-2021, 21:30)markush Wrote: Ah interesting! Though my B&W 803 D3 are not able to output such low frequencies - as nearly all speakers are.

that' a good point.
I should try to amplify and measure the signal (if any) coming out of the mac mini.
(27-Feb-2021, 16:45)alandbush Wrote: Anyone remember the Densen Demagic disc? (Still available apparently)

Works on a similar principle.  Review here.

No, they're not in the slightest similar.

The Densen Demagic disc worked something like a degaussing signal. You played the disc and the signal acted to dissipate magnetic buildup in parts of the signal chain. 

I have no idea how this thing works, or f it works, but it is not claimed to produce an effect upon audio equipment. It's claimed to produce an effect upon the listener while they are in the field produced by the signal. That means you have to have the signal playing while you have music playing which means you use a different device to play the Schumann frequency. There are at least 2 stand alone devices that have been available to do this for many years now, one from Acoustic Revive and one from another company. The product above is an app for a Mac OS desktop or laptop computer which would need to be played over a separate speaker to your system speakers.

So it's a very different thing to discs like the Densen disk.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I don't see how this is going to work in any way. The Schumann resonances are electromagnetic waves at 7.83Hz. I have two Acoustic Revive RR-77 that generate this frequency and they do work. What is described above is a sound wave, which is a "mechanical" wave, i.e. moving the air and has absolutely nothing to do with electric magnetic resonances. Not to mention that they will not be played on any audio system that I know of. Somebody got something very wrong. Of course, that somebody may be me so I'm open to the explanation.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500