Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second turntable input with companion
Hi

I very happily use a PT Anniversary with SME IV/Hana ML with my 440 Pro CI. 

I have been offered a Technics 1200GR at a good price and was considering using it as a second deck as well as the PT and also for my son to use. 

The configurator seems to let you do this, I can enable another phono input very easily on the companion from what I can see. 

Anyone else do this? Anything I should be aware of? The Technics would most likely have an Ortofon or AT MM cart.

Thanks
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
Why not both TTs connect to master?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(21-Aug-2023, 16:28)Elztalbiker Wrote: Why not both TTs connect to master?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Because I don’t use an external phono stage, and on a single amp there is just one phono input (the other analogue input is line level)
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
The line-level input can also be configured as a phono input.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Every day is a school day. I didn't know that was possible. I assume you have to use the same earth for both inputs
Dublin, Ireland
Right

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk