Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting volume limit on reactors
As crazy and counterintuitive as this may seem, I would like to find a way of limiting the volume of my two reactor 900s as I live in an apartement complex where high volumes could get me in trouble with my neighbours. The room they are in is quite small so 40-45% volume is PLENTY enough. Anything more just makes the walls shake, and, as I control the volume with my smartphone, I sometimes accidentally press too long on the volume button and that's when me and the appartements above and below me experience the "explosive" sound of devialets. However short this may be, it is a nuisance to neighbours that might not understand where the boom comes from (especially during late night listening sessions).
Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated. 
Cheers,
You can use something like the Yamaha wxc-50 to play content and control the volume. Just set the reactor at, for example, 35% and stream to the media player. With the Yamaha at 100% volume you only have 35% output on the reactor. Wanna play louder, just use the divialet app.
2 Phantom silver, 2 reactor 900
(01-Oct-2020, 15:14)CoCo(on) Wrote: As crazy and counterintuitive as this may seem, I would like to find a way of limiting the volume of my two reactor 900s as I live in an apartement complex where high volumes could get me in trouble with my neighbours. The room they are in is quite small so 40-45% volume is PLENTY enough. Anything more just makes the walls shake, and, as I control the volume with my smartphone, I sometimes accidentally press too long on the volume button and that's when me and the appartements above and below me experience the "explosive" sound of devialets. However short this may be, it is a nuisance to neighbours that might not understand where the boom comes from (especially during late night listening sessions).
Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated. 
Cheers,

Hi CoCo(on)

I'm not 100% sure if the Reactors are the same as the Premier speakers but I suspect they will be.

If you can get the IP Address of the reactors and put this into a webbrowser you might be able to set an upper volume limit for the speakers.

I had a similar problem to you with the speakers suddenly going to 100% volume so it was very useful to be able to set the maximum volume on the devices themselves.

If you have the IP of the reactors see if there is web configuration page similar to the larger speakers.

kantblue
I contacted Devialet. Here are the simple instructions :

First, you should download "Fing" from your smartphone store. Following this, prepare your computer and follow the next steps.

1. Open "Fing" and check that the SSID of your Wi-Fi is displayed at the top of the application

2. Select "Refresh" at the top left of your screen

3. Find Phantom and write down its IP address

4. Enter the IP address in your browser to access the configuration page of your Phantom.

5. Go to the "Configuration" tab

6. Choose the volume percentage limit you want to apply.