Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setup Config Question w/ 6 Phantom's.
Hi Everyone,

So after reviewing the message Forum for a few weeks a I went ahead and purchased 6 Phantom's and a Dialog. I setup everything in open space everything is working fine. The one question I keep going back to is the following. During the Initial Setup I was asked to arrange my speakers and I just basically setup everything in the living room In Spark. When placing the speakers I allocated 2 to Left, 2 To Right and the last 2 to "MIX".

First let me ask what is "MIX"?
Also would it be better to allocate 1 to Left, 1 to Right, and the remaining 4 to MIX?

Thanks.
Hello " Bashywash",

"Mix" is when the Phanton is acting as a mono-speaker, the signal is a mix of left and right channel.

Br Björn

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
Okay got it. So when setting up 6 speakers in one room should I add all of them as "Mix" or should I do One Left, One Right and the other 4 as MIX.. Or does it not really matter?
How large is your room? Curious why you need six. This is intriguing.

Here's a suggestion for four if your room is large enough.

Set two left channels side by side at least 5 feet from the rear wall. Point one forward as normal. Point one the opposite direction to the rear wall. Set two right channels the same way. This way, you have a BIPOLE configuration which gives you a larger soundstage. Some like it, some don't.

I have four Phantoms currently - two still in sealed box. Debating whether to try that...Smile Or to sell two off as I'm not sure if worth the $ to get bipoles in small room. They do have a much larger soundstage.