Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setup for roon -> HQplayer -> devialet via upnp ???
Hi, 
i'm trying to integrate hqplayer to my setup roon and devialet. But in HQplayer i can't found my devialet via upnp, only via bluetooth. What i have to do ?
(22-May-2021, 11:01)nth1512 Wrote: Hi, 
i'm trying to integrate hqplayer to my setup roon and devialet. But in HQplayer i can't found my devialet via upnp, only via bluetooth. What i have to do ?

There are many different protocols for Ethernet streaming.  Roon uses RAAT, then you have DLNA/UPnP, Spotify Connect, Devialet AIR and many others.  HQPlayer uses it's own unique Ethernet streaming protocol known as NAA.

So HQPlayer will only work with a device that has or will will run NAA.  This includes products from Sonore, SOtM, Antipodes and others.  

There is a list of products that support NAA on the Signalyst website

https://www.signalyst.com/consumer.html

Unfortunately, Devialet products do not support HQPlayer NAA.

As an aside, HQPlayer NAA will run on Linux devices and NAA does not have any particularly demanding hardware requirements.  So I am sure as I can be that it could be made to work on CI Board equipped Expert Pro.  That is if Devialet had any desire to include such a feature, of course.  

As for the Phantom, I am not so sure if it is possible, but again it would require Devialet to actually want to include NAA support to make it happen.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12