Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Should I return my Phantom Silver?
They promise zero noise right? I can hear some noise from the Phantom, when I turn the volume up without playing music. I can't remember how far I can hear it from, because I'm not home before tomorrow.
Depends what the noise is?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
The noise is indeed present, it's a hissing noise. Devialet is aware of this issue and are working on a fix they said at High End Munich. I experience it all the time during playback and around 2s after stopping/pausing. Very annoying...
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon
Mine are completely silent from my listening chair, and even listening close to them I hear no noise between tracks or before playing a CD.
Normally I would say these must be faulty units but with all the various wifi and network differences possible maybe one person's Phantom's interaction with the network may be different from mine, but this seems to be a rare and infrequently reported phenomenon.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

No it must be the Phantoms it couldn't possibly be any of the hundreds of outside influences from WiFi and networking issues, Devialet are Devils Tongue
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just got home again and there is no noise anymore. Even if I turn if up to 100 without music playing, they are totally silent. Maybe the last firmware fixed it.
(25-May-2015, 23:55)mixart Wrote: I just got home again and there is no noise anymore. Even if I turn if up to 100 without music playing, they are totally silent. Maybe the last firmware fixed it.

Or maybe it was a rush of blood to the head - that can cause similar symptoms.

Glad it's all ok now!
(26-May-2015, 00:51)Gremlin Wrote: Or maybe it was a rush of blood to the head - that can cause similar symptoms.

Glad it's all ok now!

Funny, it did had a hissing noise. Don't know what to call it, but it wasn't acceptable, when they promise zero distortion
(26-May-2015, 13:10)mixart Wrote:
(26-May-2015, 00:51)Gremlin Wrote: Or maybe it was a rush of blood to the head - that can cause similar symptoms.

Glad it's all ok now!

Funny, it did had a hissing noise. Don't know what to call it, but it wasn't acceptable, when they promise zero distortion

Pretty sure that a hissing sound is not distortion but is actually interference.