Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom (AC) power consumption
Hi to all,

since I have not found this subject being mentioned before, let's concentrate on idle power consumption of Phantom. 
I have measured, and my Premier with new DOS 2.1.3. idles at 23W. 
When powered off by long pressing the button rear, it seem not to draw any wattage, but it is very complicated to turn it off each time not listening to music (takes long). So, for me the best thing would be to connect it (or them) via WiFi enabled switch where you can program a schedule to disconnect power each night or so. But, I do not know whether it's OK to do it every day, or would there be any consequences if unplugged for prolonged time?

As far as I think, it does not make any sense to leave it (or them) on for longer time period without listening.

Any thoughts?
(22-Sep-2020, 15:56)tomsag Wrote: Hi to all,

since I have not found this subject being mentioned before, let's concentrate on idle power consumption of Phantom. 
I have measured, and my Premier with new DOS 2.1.3. idles at 23W. 
When powered off by long pressing the button rear, it seem not to draw any wattage, but it is very complicated to turn it off each time not listening to music (takes long). So, for me the best thing would be to connect it (or them) via WiFi enabled switch where you can program a schedule to disconnect power each night or so. But, I do not know whether it's OK to do it every day, or would there be any consequences if unplugged for prolonged time?

As far as I think, it does not make any sense to leave it (or them) on for longer time period without listening.

Any thoughts?

I would of course reach out to Devialet to see if they discern any potential for harm.  My thought is that the proposed setup might disrupt the PLC but that is only because I have some vague recollection that plugging the Devialets into a surge protector was discouraged for that reason.  My guess is that there would be minimal risk to the speakers and depending on how keen your ear is, likely no appreciable difference in sound.  That said, my experience is that when something is introduced into the “music chain” -no matter what it may be” what once worked may no longer work as expected.  Please keep us posted.
I asked Devialet years ago and in the end they said it would be no problem. For 2 Phantoms Silver I am using klikaanklikuit switches from Trust for more than 2 year now and it works perfect (still running DOS 1)[Image: 7b8fb95d63a7f475ceda61aba68e0fd0.jpg]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G980F met Tapatalk