Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(08-Mar-2017, 15:15)Confused Wrote: The Denali review appears to be in the public domain:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles...ng-system/

One point I am not quite clear on are the two 'HC' outlets.  These are the high current outlets for power amps.  So if you used the two HC outlets for a dual mono Devialet set up, are the two outlets / amps fully isolated from each other?

1) Harley is incorrect - there is a CCI filter in the US spec Denali 2000/T... I took a picture at factory (the black box thing at top behind the NEMA 5-15R outlet is the CCI filter):

2) the EU version of the Denali 2000/T has 2 individually filtered outlets/zones, so 2 CCI filters. The specs aren't out yet since it hasn't yet officially launched but it will very soon. So yes the dual monos will be isolated from one another. Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(06-Mar-2017, 17:26)deviousalet Wrote: On the topic of the value of casework: I didn't hear Manoet's Devialet or the others who modified theirs, but I believe what they said about them. Even if you don't, we can agree that the difference between a Devialet 440 and 1000 is the case, since Devialet states that the internals are otherwise identical.

I didn't hear his amp either, but most of what he wrote was technically bollox. I take my hat off to his work as a craftsman but as an engineer he lacked knowledge and understanding.
There are at least as many people claiming their Devialet sounds better warm, probably more, than those thinking it sounds better cooler, and what he did was almost certainly more effective at cooling the temperature sensors themselves than any of the active electronics.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(08-Mar-2017, 16:26)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(08-Mar-2017, 15:15)Confused Wrote: The Denali review appears to be in the public domain:

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles...ng-system/

One point I am not quite clear on are the two 'HC' outlets.  These are the high current outlets for power amps.  So if you used the two HC outlets for a dual mono Devialet set up, are the two outlets / amps fully isolated from each other?

1) Harley is incorrect - there is a CCI filter in the US spec Denali 2000/T... I took a picture at factory (the black box thing at top behind the NEMA 5-15R outlet is the CCI filter):

2) the EU version of the Denali 2000/T has 2 individually filtered outlets/zones, so 2 CCI filters. The specs aren't out yet since it hasn't yet officially launched but it will very soon. So yes the dual monos will be isolated from one another. Smile

Guillaume

***CORRECTION***

I must apologise for some inaccuracies above in point 2. I've just spoken to Caelin Gabriel about this and got the following responses which I'll share with you:

Quote:"One point I am not quite clear on are the two 'HC' outlets. These are the high current outlets for power amps. So if you used the two HC outlets for a dual mono Devialet set up, are the two outlets / amps fully isolated from each other?”

There is no such thing as “fully isolated” with any power conditioner.  It is just a matter of “degrees of isolation”.
There is approximately 60db of isolation between the source Z1, Z2 outlets.
While the HC outlets have about 24db of isolation.  This is because the HC outlets are designed for greater DTCD current delivery.

Quote:
Also Robert Harley in his review says the 2000/T has no CCI filter which confused me since I saw it at the factory. Also it is in the 2000 specs.

The D2/T does not use the MED filters.  It does have the QR/BB and the CCI v3 filters.

Quote:
Does the EU 2000/T differ in terms of spec from the US version?

The EU D2/T has several differences compared to the US unit due the differences in outlet types and because of the 240V power system in the EU.  There are too many technical differences to detail.  However, the fundamental design elements of the QR/BB and the CCI v3 filters are the same.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thank you for the clarification Guillaume, that's very interesting.
Colin

Vivid Audio Giya G2s, Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Sonic Transporter i7, Sean Jacobs DC3 LPS, Marantz UD 7007.
Shunyata Denali, Alpha PC, Sigma PCs (x3) & Sigma Speaker Cables.
Quadraspire X Reference rack.

North East England
Hi Guillaume and all

I just add a Denali 2000T between the wall socket and my 220 Pro, any suggestion on the power cord to use in between ?

Do I still need a high model cable, or any economic one worth trying, such as the venom HC ?

Thanks,
Paul

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T
(09-Mar-2017, 03:31)Kwan Wrote: Hi Guillaume and all

I just add a Denali 2000T between the wall socket and my 220 Pro, any suggestion on the power cord to use in between ?

Do I still need a high model cable, or any economic one worth trying, such as the venom HC ?

Thanks,
Paul

The Venom HC cable is fantastic and will work very well in this context. Following Shunyata's approach of DTCD the bigger the conductors the greater the performance but Venom is a very good place to start. Great value cable.

Guillaume

UK
Thanks for the advice, will give it a try.
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T
Hi everyone,

After the Stockholm hifi-show I have had the opportunity to review the new Shunyata Delta speaker cable in my system. The Delta cable is the first in the new range of cables to be released during 2017. Coming up next is the Alpha- and the Sigma line of cables.

My regular cable setup is the Shunyata Anaconda speaker cable and Shunyata Sigma HC/Cyklops V2/Sigma Digital connected to my Devialet D250 Pro and my Magico Q3 speakers.

After letting the Delta speaker cable play in my system for a total of 7 days, I sat down to listen to it. First impression is that it do not suffer from the same demand of long-burn-in time as previous cables, (my Anaconda took about 2 weeks of contiuous playing before it settled - my power cable combination about 6(!) Weeks - it really was a roller coaster ride)...

The over all tonal balance is very similar to the Anaconda but with both strengths and weaknesses in comparison with the big snake. The soundstage of the Delta is lacking a bit of soundstage depth in comparison and sounds a little bit less transparent.  The top frequencies also sounds a bit grainier. - (maybe it still demand more hours of playing after all??)

The Delta speaker cable's greatest strenght is the low frequency reproduction. It is more detailed and more crispy than the Anaconda in that regard - Maybe even a bit more dynamic and powerful. Over all is the Delta a very good speaker cable - especially considering the fact that the cable is very close to the Anaconda's performance at half the price ( roughly). It seemed that the design of the banana plugs are changed as well. I have been forced to exchange plugs on my cables three times within two years since they have weakend. But the one's supplied with the Delta seems more rigid, ( Later I have contacted Shunyata and got my impression confirmed about the banana plug)

This listening session have made me even more curious about the Alpha- and Sigma speaker cables and I am looking forward to review them later on this year.

Björn
- Proud Devialet owner since 2011!

Main system:
Devialet D250 Pro, Magico Q3 speakers, Shunyata Anaconda speaker cables, Shunyata Sigma HC power cable/Shunyata Cyklops V2 power conditioner/Shunyata Digital power cable, Shunyata DF-SS cable lifters, Jenving CAT8+ Ethernet cables, Auralic Aries Mini with SBoost power supply, Shunyata Venom USB.

Working at Akkelis Audio in Gothenburg, Sweden
Shunyata has said (culled from WhatsBestForum):

The power cord chosen to connect any of our power-distributors should be at least the equal of the best power cord going to components that are plugged into the units. In essence, the power cord to the wall increases in importance based on the number of components going into the distributor. At four or more components, the power cord to the wall should be the best quality power cord in the system, even a grade above the power cords on components.

The Denali products should use either an Alpha HC or a Sigma Analog, unless somebody wants to go all the way to the Sigma HC. That, to me, only makes sense in an extreme circumstance such as massive SS or OTL amps into the 2000T, or a complete reference system on the 6000T or 6000S model, such as DCS Stack + D'agostino amps being one example.

Using a Sigma Digital versus Analog shouldn't matter into Denali 6000T or 6000S because of the massive amount of filtering within the unit itself. Still, power cord gauge, wire quality and type still matter and should be considered. My most common recommendation is the Alpha HC. Massive gauge, top quality wire and not crazy-expensive. There could be a further benefit going to the Sigma Analog, but it should be based on how loaded the 6000 models are. If you are on a single circuit and using 5-6 of the Denali outlets including amps, then the power cord to the wall takes on greater importance. If there are 3 or fewer components, I'd recommend spending less. Its pretty straightforward based on the system you are running. I hesitate to recommend the Venom HC for Denali models. They are very high performance products, so it would be a little like putting budget tires on a Porsche. Still a great car, but it won't do all the tricks its clearly capable of. Start at Alpha HC and work your way up based on the system and component, or current load you are working with.

(09-Mar-2017, 03:31)Kwan Wrote: Hi Guillaume and all

Thanks,
Paul

Looks like it will be some 30-60 days at least for the EF power cords to be released. Maybe some news on these at Munich 2017? Would be nice to see the first pictures of the Delta and new Alpha power cords.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands