Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(03-Nov-2016, 12:00)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Oct-2016, 18:46)deviousalet Wrote:
(19-Aug-2016, 17:44)GuillaumeB Wrote: I have a couple of Alpha HC cables here and am burning them in on my Linn system. In a week or so I will swap them with the Sigmas and see what they do. 

We're still in suspense. Did you every compare the Sigma with Alpha or Venom?

Apologies...

The Alpha HC got pretty close to the Sigma. In fact you will often see Shunyata recommend the Alpha HC over and above the Sigma models since it offers the greatest bang for buck in the range.  

My Devialets had to be returned to France at the end of September since they developed a fault which is frustrating since (among other things) I had to put all testing on hold. Sad I am hoping to get them back soon though.

I should point out that Shunyata are about to revamp the whole range and there are going to be quite a few changes which may affect recommendations to Devialet owners moving forward. Some new models and performance hikes to the existing range are coming... anyway I can't really say much more than that at the moment (and no, I didn't have to sign an NDA  Angel ). I am really hoping to get my hands on the new range in early December.  Smile This is a period of unprecedented innovation in the history of Shunyata and I can't tell you how excited I am.

Guillaume

I sincerely hope you made a typo and they went back to France at the end of October (Not September). If they can turn around a 1000Pro upgrade in 2 weeks, they shouldn't muck around with your O d'A and just do the upgrade. We all know how much you want it.  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Nov-2016, 13:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I sincerely hope you made a typo and they went back to France at the end of October (Not September). If they can turn around a 1000Pro upgrade in 2 weeks, they shouldn't muck around with your O d'A and just do the upgrade. We all know how much you want it.  Smile

No typo! I haven't had my O d'A since the 27th September. To be fair the units have been back at my dealer since last week.

And no upgrade. I have to wait with the rest of you until sometime in 2017 (July?). At least they are sticking to their guns on this.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(03-Nov-2016, 13:48)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Nov-2016, 13:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I sincerely hope you made a typo and they went back to France at the end of October (Not September). If they can turn around a 1000Pro upgrade in 2 weeks, they shouldn't muck around with your O d'A and just do the upgrade. We all know how much you want it.  Smile

No typo! I haven't had my O d'A since the 27th September. To be fair the units have been back at my dealer since last week.

And no upgrade. I have to wait with the rest of you until sometime in 2017 (July?). At least they are sticking to their guns on this.

Guillaume

That's incredible. What was wrong with them?

Edit: Sorry. Bit off topic.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Nov-2016, 13:53)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(03-Nov-2016, 13:48)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

No worries. There was some discolouration of the chassis which I spotted in several places. 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(03-Nov-2016, 13:55)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Nov-2016, 13:53)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(03-Nov-2016, 13:48)GuillaumeB Wrote: No typo! I haven't had my O d'A since the 27th September. To be fair the units have been back at my dealer since last week.

Guillaume

No worries. There was some discolouration of the chassis which I spotted in several places. 

Guillaume

Ahh, that explains why it took so long. They wouldn't have too many Od'A cases in stock. Maybe they used Confused's 1000Pro case with a new coating. that explains why his is late too  Big Grin
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Nov-2016, 14:00)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(03-Nov-2016, 13:55)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(03-Nov-2016, 13:53)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That's incredible. What was wrong with them?

Guillaume

Ahh, that explains why it took so long. They wouldn't have too many Od'A cases in stock. Maybe they used Confused's 1000Pro case with a new coating. that explains why his is late too  Big Grin

Actually it was a very quick turnaround once the units got to France. The challenge was getting them there due to that massive wooden trunk that weighs a ton!

Anyway I understand they are in brand new cases now. Why they couldn't have just used a couple of 1000 PRO boards instead of my O d'A internals... oh well. 

I guess they didn't want one of their greatest brand advocates waxing lyrical about the latest flagship model... 

Guillaume

UK
So hang on. Your OdA had to go back to the factory anyway and be completely swapped over for new cases, but they didn't do the upgrade at the same time? Insane if so. I thought the idea was to minimise transit?!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Can anyone confirm if the Venom 3 or Venom HC will fit under the back plate of a 120/200? Thank you.
Thorens TD-166 MK II, Intel NUC (Streacom fanless case, Windows 10, Audiophile Optimizer, Roon, HQPlayer and Acourate), HDPlex 100W LPSU, Uptone Regen, Devialet 120, Sonus Faber Liuto, GIK Acoustics Bass Traps
Yes, they will fit, as will the Z-PC10.
Also note that there is a brand new IEC design coming out soon which will fit under the lid. This will be a substantial improvement over the existing slim IEC. Hopefully all will be announced in early December.

Guillaume

UK