Poll: Is this similar to yours in appearance?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Looks normal - same as mine
20.00%
1 20.00%
Seems to be a problem.
80.00%
4 80.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Side bass drivers protrusion
An update as I await Devialets official response - the bass drivers had recessed into the speaker and appeared normal (as they did out of the box).
After playing few bass heavy songs at high volumes, however, the side drivers go back to protruding as in my original image. Not sure if this is a problem - if the drivers are supposed to stay recessed once the bass heavy music stops - or if this is okay and within spec of the design.

Do your side drivers just immediately recess back into the speaker after loud bass heavy music?
The drivers should always INSTANTLY recess back normally inside the unit as soon as the music stops. They should absolutely never be any further out than what would be completely flush with the body when music isn’t playing.

This may be a hardware problem. The unit may have had a defective seal. They seal them with enormous pressure and if there is an issue with the seal too much pressure may be within the drive units, or too little, or air may be getting in.

If the drivers are defaulting to an out position this could effect music. As the drivers are designed to function from a push first, not a pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Good news everyone! The dealer here (Dubai Audio) has instantly replaced this. In fact they came home and installed the new one! Very good service for those in dubai.
The technician installing the speaker even mentioned he’s seen this issue in around 1 out of 10 units.
The new one seems normal so I’m not unhappy!
Regards