Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gemini for running?
As anyone doing some running with the gemini and can  share some info regards how comfortable there r during running? Are they staying firm in the ear canal?

I know there rating is ipx4.

But it's important that they want fall off during the exercise.

Thanks...
In my opinion, when your earbud will fall out easily means you need to change ear tip (other brands like Spinfit, comply).
It will solve your problem instantly.
Yes, with spinfit
10x for the answers .
But o searching someone who run with them frequently and can share info.
I did a few runs with them with the provided tips.

It is quite hairy without the hooks like those from the Jaybirds. I have to run slower and keep adjusting the buds by pushing them in for fear of them flying off.

Also wind nose is very annoying even with the noise cancellation on.

I did try them with older Compress tips and it is much better. My tips were used so the elasticity is worn, so I have had to "re-squeeze" and reinsert frequently, but at least it is snug while it lasted, and wind noise was much less.

Bottom line, you need after marker tips. I ordered the recommended Spinfit, hope it arrives soon and will report back.

Meanwhile I will use my Jaybird buds for peace of mind.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

@agentsmith
Thanks...
Only runners know running problems (:
Please update when you get the spinfit please.

10x again!
If they stayed in then you need to disable ANC and Transparency modes, otherwise they keep making a strange noise. I found them not to sit reliably even when walking for extended periods of time.
Received the Spinfit silicon earbuds today.

Build quality is much more solid than the flimsy tips provided by Devialet, with a more solid inner cylinder.

It is more "grippy". I did my 14km run with it and the risk of falling out seems much less. However the sizing seems smaller than the factory buds. I ordered medium and it is too small, as a result the noise isolation did not seem to work. So if you order online you may need one size larger than the Devialet buds.

It is made of silicon so is much more durable than the compressible sleeves which last only a dozen or so runs before disintegrating.

Overall it seems worth it, had I ordered size L it would have been perfect.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

@agentsmith
10x for the update!
By the way, for serious running, like tempo, interval or race, the GEMINI is still not secure enough.

For fast run I stick to my Jaybird X3 with wires connecting the L and R buds