Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Classic
Power from the wall outlet is quite analog I think. Not many ones and zeros there
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Here we go again. ;-(

It is about eliminating pollution, disturbances and noise that comes along with the electrical current and affects the connected equipment!

And that applies to electricity and also to Ethernet connections.

If this is not audible, there is something wrong with your system or your ears.
Quote:Thanks for your reply. Some people didnt hear the difference and don't trust the after market power cable etc. and I respect them but in my case I believe there are differences.
The reason I ask this question cause I just got my Phantom classic silver pair and it's my first time to have this kind of speaker and im new in the forum. I have a main 2 channel setup so this Phantom speakers are new to me.
I like the sound of the Phantom if you set it up correctly and can compare them to my main 2 channel rig not far in sound. 
So far I'm doing streaming with the phantom using optical. The new Devialet app was really good my firmware was 2.11.5 
I read here in the forum that people having problem with the apps before but so far the apps running stable and good. 
So Im using optical from denafrips iris and im using Aurender nh100 music streaming.
My Phantom speaker was in the stand they called it Tree. So the stand has own plug with white power cable and dont know what brand. And im having problems with the power cord cause the stand has its own plug for the power cable. 
Thank you to those who replied to my post.

Regarding the cable managment inside the Tree you should try to avoid that for the clearest sound quality. I do have the trees and used it at first that way for awhile, great for the estetics. Then I changed to connect Power, ethernet and Toslink directly to the Phantoms and that alone made things clearer, more refined in my case. Remember when I made the change I had the cheap Oelbach power cable as replacement.

Indeed the Phantom Golds are of great quality when setup in an optimal way. My background is coming from DIY speaker with Highend stuff like Accuton speakers, Raal Ribbons driven by DEQX DSP time aligned measurment etc, 6x separate mono Hypex Ncore amps which means I have great experience testing different power cables to these amps and the power cable I would say is the most noticable improvment you can do in a HIFI setup.

In my setup I also use Toslink from Phantoms to a Mutec 3+ USB reclocker and from there toslink to TV, also connect Bluray to the Mutec.

To my surprise the toslink cable makes difference too. Remember Power cable would be the first thing I would do. Toslinks Ive tested 2 no names, Supra toslink that all are solid syntetics. Then I have tested AQ Carbon and AQ Vodka and QED reference optical Quartz that technically have multistrands of the optics. I have made some tests and I could hear differncies. I started out with a noname thinking toslink wouldnt matter, then got a second noname and they sounded completely different from eachother. Then got the above to try out and the nomeas are not as good as the rest. For example even for the TV one of the nonames and even the AQ Carbon didnt work at all in my setup, got things too bright in the top, the others are smooth.

So if you rely on toslink for primary music setup I would look into that cable link aswell, you might be in for a surprise. As with everything cables in Hifi you need to try it for yourself in your setup.
(29-Jan-2021, 13:52)Johnnydev Wrote: The blizzards sounded in the golds and ethernet system. bare, not musical.

the monsoons sounded the best to the farads super 3, which i got to the uptone EtherRegen, but also to my modem and router. there was it the choice between the Z3 and the Monsoons, the monsoons have become permanent. More clearer sound and live feeling.

The Z3's have stayed to the golds, most musically in my case.

As power to the niagara I have tried the Z3, monsoon and now the blizzard, which completely surprised me in that place. was by far certainly the best sounding in that place and the z3 the least.

I've had them all in all places for a long time to be able to judge them.

Thanks for your input. My dealer had a Bizzard at home so will try that out aswell. I have some testing to do!

Tell me more about your experience with the powercables on the modem and router? What did that do for the sound for you? Do you have LPS to these units?

I did some quick testing with a 16V LPS I have and hifi powercable from router to wall. Smoother calmer sound first impression. However my Asus Router needs 19V, 5g Wifi doesnt work reliable with this LPS however, bummer, need to find a 19v LPS.
(30-Jan-2021, 12:20)Johnnydev Wrote: Here we go again. ;-(

It is about eliminating pollution, disturbances and noise that comes along with the electrical current and affects the connected equipment!

Your analog logic does not apply to digital signals no matter how hard you try to make it real.

All digital signal transfer have error correction logic built in to its protocol which are far more robust than any copper cable can provide to even make a difference. I think my system is fine, my calibration and measurements are far more consistent than your “to my ear it sounds” assessment can ever be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30-Jan-2021, 14:53)trex Wrote:
(29-Jan-2021, 13:52)Johnnydev Wrote: The blizzards sounded in the golds and ethernet system. bare, not musical.

the monsoons sounded the best to the farads super 3, which i got to the uptone EtherRegen, but also to my modem and router. there was it the choice between the Z3 and the Monsoons, the monsoons have become permanent. More clearer sound and live feeling.

The Z3's have stayed to the golds, most musically in my case.

As power to the niagara I have tried the Z3, monsoon and now the blizzard, which completely surprised me in that place. was by far certainly the best sounding in that place and the z3 the least.

I've had them all in all places for a long time to be able to judge them.

Thanks for your input. My dealer had a Bizzard at home so will try that out aswell. I have some testing to do!

Tell me more about your experience with the powercables on the modem and router? What did that do for the sound for you? Do you have LPS to these units?

I did some quick testing with a 16V LPS I have and hifi powercable from router to wall. Smoother calmer sound first impression. However my Asus Router needs 19V, 5g Wifi doesnt work reliable with this LPS however, bummer, need to find a 19v LPS.

To my netgear router an cisco modem i have now also farads super 3 with Aq monsoon, with good results on the SQ
Farad super is there also in 19V
(30-Jan-2021, 22:26)Moooch Wrote:
(30-Jan-2021, 12:20)Johnnydev Wrote: Here we go again. ;-(

Your analog logic does not apply to digital signals no matter how hard you try to make it real.

All digital signal transfer have error correction logic built in to its protocol which are far more robust than any copper cable can provide to even make a difference. I think my system is fine, my calibration and measurements are far more consistent than your “to my ear it sounds” assessment can ever be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are wrong for shore. Try supra cat8 cables, AQ cinnamon, vodka RJ/E, SOTM, cable matters cat cable's etc. etc. and the differences are quite good noticeble.

And i am not the only one. See also audiophilestyle, uptone EtherRegen reviews. Idea

If you can’t hear the difference, then there is someting wrong with your system or your ears.
At this moment i can hear in my system the change of almost every cable, my experience with that is for years and a lot of cables, power and ethernet.  Angel
Please continue the discussion in the Tweakers Corner subforum of DevialetChat.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
@Johnnydev , Moooch is clearly trolling here. I suspect he is an ASR disciple, posting statements to get a negative reaction, start an argument.  Best to ignore them, not reply to their posts...
(01-Feb-2021, 02:12)Snoopy8 Wrote: @Johnnydev , Moooch is clearly trolling here. I suspect he is an ASR disciple, posting statements to get a negative reaction, start an argument.  Best to ignore them, not reply to their posts...

thanks you are right.