Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Silver Phantom disconnecting from network
Hi

My four silver phantoms are wired to the network via a Dlink managed gigabit switch.

Two are set as stereo in the living room, two other are mono in my bedroom and study.

However, I'm unable to play any online source (Qobuz, Tidal ) continuously for 35 min without interruption . The phantom will stop playing a playlist after 15 minutes, then restart from a different track etc... This happen 4 or 5 times per day.

I have restarted the setup several times with no improvement .

I have been in touch with devialet support but they are still looking into my case. 

Beside, devialet has not received  any of all the diagnostic reports sent via Spark. They have sent me a new dialog and still not working fine..

Have anyone experienced similar issue?

Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thx
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(25-Mar-2016, 08:30)angenet Wrote: Hi

My four silver phantoms are wired to the network via a Dlink managed gigabit switch.

Two are set as stereo in the living room, two other are mono in my bedroom and study.

However, I'm unable to play any online source (Qobuz, Tidal ) continuously for 35 min without interruption . The phantom will stop playing a playlist after 15 minutes, then restart from a different track etc... This happen 4 or 5 times per day.

I have been in touch with devialet support but they are still looking into my case. 

Beside, devialet has not received  any of all the diagnostic reports sent via Spark. They have sent me a new dialog and still not working fine..

Thx

I would have a closer look at the internet interface (DSL router) and the internet traffic.
(25-Mar-2016, 09:54)karebe Wrote:

Thx

I would have a closer look at the internet interface (DSL router) and the internet traffic.

Hi

Thanks for your response and suggestion..

I have looked into the traffic and can't see any particular settings that may block the traffic..

I have now set a DMZ on my dialog ip address and will monitor the situaltion..

Don't know if its risky.. but will try all day today

Thanks
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
Maybe you can check if Qobuz and Tidal work properly on a PC or an iMac or on another streaming device. Just to narrow down the causes of the problem.

Thx

Hi,

Do you have connected your dialog directly to your internet router? In Spark, can you see all Phantoms being connected through ethernet?
(26-Mar-2016, 17:52)BigMc Wrote:

Thx

Hi,

Do you have connected your dialog directly to your internet router? In Spark, can you see all Phantoms being connected through ethernet?

Hello

Thanks a lot.

All my devices are wired to my router...

I have seen some improvements since yesterday Morning... 

I have activated the DMZ of the router to the dialog ip address  and by doing so I have allowed the full connection to Dialog.. and this seems to be working fine.. I will monitor in coming weeks before jubilating..

I just hope that the high security of the Devialet dialog will prevent any unauthorised access to my network.

Thx
 Angenet. 
I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope it works. The risk of a serious security hole is small in a closed system like that one of the Dialog.
I had issues like this when I moved the Phantoms to a different room. I think it had to do with some of the Phantoms wanting to connect through PLC and others wanted to connect through wi-fi. One I had them all connected through PLC the issued resolved. I do wish you could choose the connection that you want to use instead of forcing PLC. Just my 2 cents hope it helps
Hi Jon

Thanks a lot for your response

The issue has not occurred since last Thursday when I set the DMZ to Dialog.

All devices seems to be working fine ... So far no interruption or disconnection

I will email devialet to try to get the details of the port number use by dialog for Internet traffic ..and if I get those details, will prefer a port forwarding rather than DMZ...

Thx
 Angenet. 
(28-Mar-2016, 04:07)angenet Wrote: Hi Jon

Thanks a lot for your response

The issue has not occurred since last Thursday when I set the DMZ to Dialog.

All devices seems to be working fine ... So far no interruption or disconnection

I will email devialet to try to get the details of the port number use by dialog for Internet traffic ..and if I get those details, will prefer a port forwarding rather than DMZ...

Thx

did you already try the Netstalker program (http://www.sterjosoft.com/), you see a lot of ports used by Spark. Maybe that can help you in any way.