Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver or Gold
Anyone compare both in stereo paired mode in identical set ups? 

I read that in some areas its perhaps a little cleaner, but in others some prefer the silvers. Silvers certainly have more than enough power. If Airplay comes to the gold but can't be a firmware upgrade in the silvers thats a benefit, but I am really not sure about the gold look either and Apple express works fine as an airplay client. 

If the sound is a real quantum better I might be swayed but I am getting the impression that its in the diminishing return area. Its £1,000 extra and its knocking on the door of the Expert 130 which would have to live with my existing speakers for a while but may be a better 'investment' in the long term.
(26-Oct-2016, 09:25)Woodman Wrote: Anyone compare both in stereo paired mode in identical set ups? 

I read that in some areas its perhaps a little cleaner, but in others some prefer the silvers. Silvers certainly have more than enough power. If Airplay comes to the gold but can't be a firmware upgrade in the silvers thats a benefit, but I am really not sure about the gold look either and Apple express works fine as an airplay client. 

If the sound is a real quantum better I might be swayed but I am getting the impression that its in the diminishing return area. Its £1,000 extra and its knocking on the door of the Expert 130 which would have to live with my existing speakers for a while but may be a better 'investment' in the long term.

If you read through the threads now that there are more Golds in the wild, the consensus seems to be that the Gold is a definite step up and well worth it.
(not speaking from experience but rather what I've read)