Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver phantom and 108db black phantom stereo pair
Hi, can I make a stereo pair with a silver phantom and the new black phantom 108db.
I know I cant do it through the devialet app but can I do it through roon? 
Will it work?
I have an old version 1 zigbee silver phantom and 1 x dos2 silver phantom and can only afford to upgrade 1 for now which obviously will be the zigbee.
What are your thoughts.
I don't think you can. Roon uses the pairs made in the Devialet app. See attached pictures from my setup.

Devialet App 

Roon 

You could make a group out of two zones in Roon and get the speakers to play the same music, but it'll be mono.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Thank you for your explanation.
(22-Sep-2021, 21:29)frogster99 Wrote: Thank you for your explanation.

There are ways in Roon that you can modify in the DSP section if only left or right is sent to your zone. Like this you could use one zone for left side with the silver phantom and another zone with the 108dB phantom black for right side. But only when your Silver can be put to DOS2 and RAAT. If not a solution could be to use Devialet’s elevate program to replace the Silver Phantom with a second 108dB black of newest generation.
Edit: After re-reading your post, yes replace (elevate) the zigbee Phantom and use in Roon the feature to merge 2 zones, one with right channel on one Mono Phantom and left channel on the other should work.
Thanks Streamy, maybe a downgrade but i have used the elevate program and have ordered 2 x 103db Black Phantoms now.
(24-Sep-2021, 09:02)frogster99 Wrote: Thanks Streamy, maybe a downgrade but i have used the elevate program and have ordered 2 x 103db Black Phantoms now.

This is economical a very good choice. Sound wise I think you might not notice a difference, but can enjoy the remotes, RAAT and faster boot time. According to some measurements I did RAAT has the highest bandwidth for delivering HQ material to the Phantoms.
I'm also hoping that with the new processors inside maybe we will get more features added throughout the next few years.