Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon's system
(31-Mar-2020, 12:50)BoyScout Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 21:12)sdn660 Wrote: Sold my Raidho X2’s and replaced them by Wilson Audio Sabrina. 
Connected the Sabrinas yesterday. 

Haven’t had the time to do extensive listening but first impressions are promising.  Smile
Good decision, congrats.
I listen a pair of Sabrinas when i bought my Dev 220, but was a bit far from my budget, liked a lot.
In that time i didn´t feel the need of a subwoofer. Do you?

Thanks BoyScout.   Sabrina has solid bass. The sub is not needed but is a nice addition.

Grimm Audio MU1 (Roon+Qobuz)  ~   D220 Pro CI   ~   Magico A5
Digital Cables: Audioquest Diamond ethernet; Audioquest Diamond AES/EBU
Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
Resonance Control: Bassocontinuo (rack); CeraBase slimline (footers)
The Netherlands -                        - August 2023 -
This is beautiful.
You have a beautiful setup. In addition to bass, how would you describe the sound of Sabrinas vs X2?
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
If you can, over time, get another 220, you will find it even better.
The headroom increases. Slightly better definition.
I tried one 250ci on my G3’s and then the 1000.
Also tried two DP’s vs one.
Beautiful system.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
(01-Apr-2020, 20:43)Martyn Wrote: This is beautiful.

Thanks!

Speaker Cables: Nordost Tyr  -  Power Cables: Shunyata Alpha EF (D220); Shunyata Alpha NR (Grimm)
(02-Apr-2020, 05:35)sam1000 Wrote: You have a beautiful setup. In addition to bass, how would you describe the sound of Sabrinas vs X2?

Thank you sam1000.
Unfortunately I did not do a AB test. I sold my X2’s a few months ago. In the mean time I had a set of B&W 804d3 in my home. They sound very different. The detail was fantastic and almost addictive, but I could not get used to tonal balance of B&W’s 800 series. 
The tonal balance of Sabrina is very similar to X2. Definition is also similar to my ears. X2 is very good speaker, but it has a too much upper bass and very limited deep bass. Sabrina performs better in that area.

(02-Apr-2020, 06:28)georgev Wrote: If you can, over time, get another 220, you will find it even better.
Beautiful system.

Thank you George. I could easily image Sabrina would benefit from another 220. Better not try it now.  Maybe my next upgrade...

Very nice, congrats for the purchase of the Sabrina’s! Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(03-Apr-2020, 10:51)Antoine Wrote: Very nice, congrats for the purchase of the Sabrina’s! Smile

Thank you Antoine.

(02-Apr-2020, 17:44)sdn660 Wrote:
(02-Apr-2020, 06:28)georgev Wrote: If you can, over time, get another 220, you will find it even better.
Beautiful system.

Thank you George. I could easily image Sabrina would benefit from another 220. Better not try it now.  Maybe my next upgrade...
Sabrina’s are on my list of speakers to replace my B&W804 D2’s. However I do not play very load, max would be -35db as shown on the Devialet. How are the Sabrina’s at lower volumes?
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada