Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since updated to latest firmware, speakers lose sync
Since updating to the latest firmware the speakers regularly lose sync with each other with one channel going at least 100ms out of sync. Every time I try to split the pair to set them up again the app locks up and the split fails. 

Anyone else seeing this?
FAQ for reactor on Devialet help site (in french):

Note: Si vous avez modifié les paramètres "Synchronisation audio / video" pour l'un de vos Phantom Reactor installé en Stéréo, veuillez vous assurer d'appliquer les mêmes paramètres sur le second Reactor

It might be that your parameters for audio sync are not the same for the left and right reactor (one normal and the other low latency).
Check if both left and right channel are on normal latency in the Devialet parameter app.

Note: Si le son joué depuis votre entrée Jack/Optique sur Reactor semble imparfait (perte de son, coupure etc...) il est recommandé d'augmenter le paramètres de latence via le menu "Synchronisation audio / video".
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
I get sync issues when I put them to standby and wake them up instead of just keeping them powered 24/7. I can split them from stereo and reconnect them though and that solves the issue. It's really strange to me that there seems to be no proper and easily, best automatically activated standby mode. You literally have to reach behind both individual speakers and hold a terrible button for two seconds, then let go at the right time. - and that it seems to bother no one ..?
Or am I missing something and they do kind of hibernate and save energy when not in use for a while??
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
I finally managed to split them and repair, and they seem okay now.

I do wish they had an infrared receiver for volume so I reprogram my remote to turn them up and down!
(27-May-2019, 22:25)WesCrackin Wrote: I get sync issues when I put them to standby and wake them up instead of just keeping them powered 24/7. I can split them from stereo and reconnect them though and that solves the issue. It's really strange to me that there seems to be no proper and easily, best automatically activated standby mode. You literally have to reach behind both individual speakers and hold a terrible button for two seconds, then let go at the right time. - and that it seems to bother no one ..?
Or am I missing something and they do kind of hibernate and save energy when not in use for a while??
 I agree with you: this button is terrible. It is very hard to push all the way to shut down the reactors and turn them on again and there is no audible click so you never know if you are all the way down. In fact I had to press hard and long several times without success before one of both reactor finally shut down. 
However I have not noticed the out of sync problem upon restarting them. 
When the led light is off I think they are completely shut down, not just in standby, because the Devialet app cannot find them. 
Better to shut them down by removing the power cord or shutting down the power strip button, because I am afraid those flimsy buttons are going to break one day if I press them so hard each time to turn the speakers on and off.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
I have had them on for the last few days and will probably keep it that way. They are pulling 10.5-11 watts when no music is playing and no source is active. Do you think its safe to just cut power by switching off the power strip without turning them off first? If yes, I might try how I can live with that. Proper Standby mode should be easy to implement and I asked Devialet to comment on this. No reaction so far.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
(03-Jun-2019, 06:52)WesCrackin Wrote: I have had them on for the last few days and will probably keep it that way. They are pulling 10.5-11 watts when no music is playing and no source is active. Do you think its safe to just cut power by switching off the power strip without turning them off first? If yes, I might try how I can live with that. Proper Standby mode should be easy to implement and I asked Devialet to comment on this. No reaction so far.

I use a Click On Click OFF system to cut the power. I experience no problems with the reactors. They start up after 10-15 seconds, and are ready to use.