Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slave Connection RCA-AES/EBU
Hi

Well i sent in my two DP's for the upgrade and they are now enroute to Cape Town (currently somewhere in Germany)

In anticipation of my upgraded amps and the posting of the new firmware i logged on to the Configurator.

I previously connected my two D Premiers via RCA-AES/EBU cable (as was recommended by Devialet). But when using the Configurator i can seem to configure this type of connection between master and slave anymore using two 250's or 800.

Changing the units to DP's then i can change the input on the slave unit to either RCA or AES/EBU by clicking on the relevant input. But when the slave is a 250 it does not work

Has anyone else experienced this - is it a Configurator problem or does the 250 not allow the slave to use the AES/EBU input for connecting?

Worst case i will have to re-terminate the cable but want to find out prior to undertaking the surgery?
deactivate the "share sources on slave" option, then you can use the AES/EBU as input.
(26-Jul-2014, 08:43)Vivialet Wrote: deactivate the "share sources on slave" option, then you can use the AES/EBU as input.

Thanks Vivalet - i tried it and it does work

But it looks like i will have to go the surgical route as i am looking to use sources on both the slave and the master - the amps are some distance from each other with the master being close to the wall mounted TT and the slave close to an ethernet jack.

ah well - thanks for the input again.
I had the same experience. In fact, one of the biggest gains for me (if not -the- biggest in a 800 over 2 D-Premiers) is the use of the slave inputs so, whilst one can use the same cable if one does what Vivialet writes, one can't use the slave inputs this way so I bought a short Mogami SPDIF cable and put my old cable in a drawer...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire