Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slave Inputs
Exclamation 
Just got a second 200, so now running 400 Smile
The instructions are a little confusing,my question is..are the slave inputs available or not for additional sources?Huh
Any other mono tips also appreciated.
theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
(09-Aug-2014, 18:46)theaudioguru Wrote: Just got a second 200, so now running 400 Smile
The instructions are a little confusing,my question is..are the slave inputs available or not for additional sources?Huh
Any other mono tips also appreciated.
theaudioguru

Congratulations! Smile

Yes you can use the inputs of the slave/companion as long as you tick the "share sources from slave" box in the configurator. See attached image.

Guillaume

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks for the prompt reply. 400 sounds like a winner already, can't wait to hear what happens after burn in.
Audioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.
(09-Aug-2014, 23:14)theaudioguru Wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply. 400 sounds like a winner already, can't wait to hear what happens after burn in.
Audioguru
Great stuff, my slave is still burning in or is it the cable, still a slight difference but not as 'big' as from the start (I started with D200 and later added 200 slave)
Pretty sure you will love it to bits/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Don't forget you need to run a trigger cable between the units as well as the digital link to use the slave inputs!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(10-Aug-2014, 10:03)f1eng Wrote: Don't forget you need to run a trigger cable between the units as well as the digital link to use the slave inputs!

Hi,

What kind of trigger cable and connectors? Asked Thierry and didn't get a good answer.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Thanks for the advice guys.
Mike, my 200 originally took about 500 hours to burn in fully.The slave sounds better out of the box but maybe the other monoblock is masking it. The 400 has immediately brought more bass and greater space.
F1eng, I'm interested in the trigger cable also, could you give some more details.
Thanks
Audioguru
Sonos.
(10-Aug-2014, 14:00)theaudioguru Wrote: F1eng, I'm interested in the trigger cable also, could you give some more details.
Thanks
Audioguru

I think it is a mini-optical cable and anything will do it does not carry audio signal
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Thierry told me the trigger cable is a miniature stereo jack plug cable (both ends). I am using one I bought in the local electrical store after the 0.90p one I bought on Amazon was open circuit :-(

It doesn't carry audio, it shows up on the configurator when you opt to use slave inputs but I agree, Devialet should be clear about its specification.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(10-Aug-2014, 18:44)f1eng Wrote: Thierry told me the trigger cable is a miniature stereo jack plug cable (both ends). I am using one I bought in the local electrical store after the 0.90p one I bought on Amazon was open circuit :-(

It doesn't carry audio, it shows up on the configurator when you opt to use slave inputs but I agree, Devialet should be clear about its specification.

Can you clarify what kind of cable? I have emailed Devialet via the help section but almost 10 days without reply-must be summer holidays

Surely it is not optical(not sure how light travels thru the RCA connector) but copper with mini RCA?