Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeper cables?
I can’t help but try and find real gems of cable for non-stratospheric prices. I think we all do that a little bit. If you don’t try to do your system a little justice, it’s a waste.  Are there any cables in particular that you have found vastly outperform their price bracket?

Wireworld Solstice 8, speaker cable.  They have three hours on them and I cannot believe they perform as well at this pricepoint.
MIT SL Matrix. It's not dirt cheap but it outperformed the Curious USB hands down. And the Curious is supposed to be a giant killer. Ever since I put the MIT in my system, I've not use RAAT or AIR for serious listening.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Take a look at Triode Wire Labs. They're not at giveaway prices, but TWL produces exceptional cables (power, interconnect, speaker, etc...) at reasonable prices.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Belden one option is using blue jeans termination

Kimber 8tc

Both options are very reasonable priced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-Feb-2020, 10:52)Pim Wrote: MIT SL Matrix. It's not dirt cheap but it outperformed the Curious USB hands down. And the Curious is supposed to be a giant killer. Ever since I put the MIT in my system, I've not use RAAT or AIR for serious listening.

i’m certainly going to see if I can demo it.  I think I’m going to be switching to an Atoll IN300 or IN400, and using the Surface Pro X as the endpoint until it is stable (although it is a fantastic product).  Currently, because it only has USB-C ports, I’m using the AudioQuest adapter. It sounds pretty good to me, I’m just wondering if a table of that caliber will be able to serve in that configuration, especially considering I would want a longer run.  Thank you! Do you know of any really solid cables that can be provisioned with USB-C on one end and USB-B on the other?
(02-Feb-2020, 10:53)awkaplan Wrote:
(01-Feb-2020, 10:52)Pim Wrote: MIT SL Matrix. It's not dirt cheap but it outperformed the Curious USB hands down. And the Curious is supposed to be a giant killer. Ever since I put the MIT in my system, I've not use RAAT or AIR for serious listening.

Do you know of any really solid cables that can be provisioned with USB-C on one end and USB-B on the other?

You will probably be stuck with an adaptor cable. I'm not a huge cable believer simply because I understand how little there is that can actually go wrong with the signal itself through a reasonably well designed cable. So in my eyes, any cable of any configuration of any material will sound very similar to any other cable. But MIT puts little boxes in their cables and they're very hush hush about what is actually inside them. I don't know what they do but I know what the outcome is; a cleaner, therefore more open sound. Since I believe the difference is in the boxes, I wouldn't be too fussed to put an adaptor cable in front at all. I'd say have a go and you wouldn't be disappointed.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Feb-2020, 01:25)Pim Wrote:
(02-Feb-2020, 10:53)awkaplan Wrote:

Do you know of any really solid cables that can be provisioned with USB-C on one end and USB-B on the other?

You will probably be stuck with an adaptor cable. I'm not a huge cable believer simply because I understand how little there is that can actually go wrong with the signal itself through a reasonably well designed cable. So in my eyes, any cable of any configuration of any material will sound very similar to any other cable. But MIT puts little boxes in their cables and they're very hush hush about what is actually inside them. I don't know what they do but I know what the outcome is; a cleaner, therefore more open sound. Since I believe the difference is in the boxes, I wouldn't be too fussed to put an adaptor cable in front at all. I'd say have a go and you wouldn't be disappointed.
According to my audio guy they’re out of business!
(05-Feb-2020, 08:59)awkaplan Wrote:
(03-Feb-2020, 01:25)Pim Wrote:
(02-Feb-2020, 10:53)awkaplan Wrote:  Do you know of any really solid cables that can be provisioned with USB-C on one end and USB-B on the other?

If they were I would know. I do a bit of work for the guy I got mine from and he's the Australian importer. I spoke with him about MIT cables about a week ago and he would have mentioned it if they were out of business. A few months ago he told me they were about to come out with a new range.

Maybe give MIT a call and ask them where the closest dealer is.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Feb-2020, 09:58)Pim Wrote:
(05-Feb-2020, 08:59)awkaplan Wrote:
(03-Feb-2020, 01:25)Pim Wrote: You will probably be stuck with an adaptor cable. I'm not a huge cable believer simply because I understand how little there is that can actually go wrong with the signal itself through a reasonably well designed cable. So in my eyes, any cable of any configuration of any material will sound very similar to any other cable. But MIT puts little boxes in their cables and they're very hush hush about what is actually inside them. I don't know what they do but I know what the outcome is; a cleaner, therefore more open sound. Since I believe the difference is in the boxes, I wouldn't be too fussed to put an adaptor cable in front at all. I'd say have a go and you wouldn't be disappointed.
If they were I would know. I do a bit of work for the guy I got mine from and he's the Australian importer. I spoke with him about MIT cables about a week ago and he would have mentioned it if they were out of business. A few months ago he told me they were about to come out with a new range.

MIT as a company is fine all I know. It is just that the SL-Matrix series are no longer available from 2020 on as far as I understand it from their website. The Dutch importer still shows these products on his website, so what the exact status is, is the question.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(05-Feb-2020, 10:58)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(05-Feb-2020, 09:58)Pim Wrote:
(05-Feb-2020, 08:59)awkaplan Wrote: According to my audio guy they’re out of business!

MIT as a company is fine all I know. It is just that the SL-Matrix series are no longer available from 2020 on as far as I understand it from their website. The Dutch importer still shows these products on his website, so what the exact status is, is the question.
It's a good thing they know how to get a signal clearly from A to B because their explanation on what is and what isn't available as of 2020 is as clear as mud. Anyway, if you can get your hands on the Matrix USB cable you won't be disappointed.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.