Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeper cables?
I've only had a a couple of surprises in the cable world. One was the WyWires Platinum HC power cable; another the Audioquest NRG Z3, and lastly, some custom power cables I've had made by Nawaz Ghwani of NRG custom cables in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He made me a very custom power cable that feeds the Devialet with one 'tail' and the two Sonos boxes with two other 'tails', all connected to the same wall plug. It clearly beats the Audioquest Z3 in my system.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(08-Feb-2020, 00:00)Damon Wrote: I've only had a a couple of surprises in the cable world. One was the WyWires Platinum HC power cable; another the Audioquest NRG Z3, and lastly, some custom power cables I've had made by Nawaz Ghwani of NRG custom cables in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He made me a very custom power cable that feeds the Devialet with one 'tail' and the two Sonos boxes with two other 'tails', all connected to the same wall plug. It clearly beats the Audioquest Z3 in my system.

I mean running anything in the lineup with a Z3 is doing the amp a disservice.  But I believe it!
(08-Feb-2020, 06:21)awkaplan Wrote:
(08-Feb-2020, 00:00)Damon Wrote: I've only had a a couple of surprises in the cable world. One was the WyWires Platinum HC power cable; another the Audioquest NRG Z3, and lastly, some custom power cables I've had made by Nawaz Ghwani of NRG custom cables in Winnipeg, Manitoba. He made me a very custom power cable that feeds the Devialet with one 'tail' and the two Sonos boxes with two other 'tails', all connected to the same wall plug. It clearly beats the Audioquest Z3 in my system.

I mean running anything in the lineup with a Z3 is doing the amp a disservice.  But I believe it!
awki
I was the OP for the AQ Z3 thread and have no issue with the product nor with any peeps that may be disinterested in it but your consistent and negative posts about this particular cable are odd and, to me, suspicious.  
When used in a D440 monoblock system served by a Niagara 5000 to a pair of Magico Q3's in dedicated sound room (in wall dedicated 10 amp wire twisted between studs as per MSB recommends) the level of improvement was immediate and undeniable.
Your continual negativity does a disservice to all the posters on this site that have easily heard these improvements and this may unfairly dissuade someone from simply having a listen. Your recommend of the Shunyata entry level PC as an superior cable is, to my mind and experience, just laughable.
Warren
(19-Feb-2020, 05:38)Wdw Wrote:
(08-Feb-2020, 06:21)awkaplan Wrote:

awki
I was the OP for the AQ Z3 thread and have no issue with the product nor with any peeps that may be disinterested in it but your consistent and negative posts about this particular cable are odd and, to me, suspicious.  
When used in a D440 monoblock system served by a Niagara 5000 to a pair of Magico Q3's in dedicated sound room (in wall dedicated 10 amp wire twisted between studs as per MSB recommends) the level of improvement was immediate and undeniable.
Your continual negativity does a disservice to all the posters on this site that have easily heard these improvements and this may unfairly dissuade someone from simply having a listen.  Your recommend of the Shunyata entry level PC as an superior cable is, to my mind and experience, just laughable.
Warren

I still need to share my experiences with the AQ Blizzard cable in that thread. I have these cables for my D440 for a few weeks now but almost no time to listen. So keep tuned.

Compared to the default power cable you get with the Devialet, even the Z3 shows a nice improvement. And it is quite cheap so looks like a good deal to me. But of course to each its own.
I have tried many different power cords for the 440 I had before. The 440 is really revealing for power cords so take a good time to find a power cord that would suite the unit with ur setup well..
I had Furutech power cord for a long time and I was pleased with them they was not so cheap, then my friend bought some Supra LoRad SPC Cord Sets - Silver Plated Copper for maximal conductivity with Supra LoRad 24K gold plated connectors to his television, he decided to try them just for fun in his 220 and he could not believe how good it sounded.
He called me and told me that I must try the supras and I did and they did perform really well and I bought the supras also the good thing is they are quite cheap about 70€ each, Just remember to buy the 2 m version those we noted that the 1 meter did distort but one have to really have good ears to notice that!
I had the supras for long time until I did bought my 1000 pro they was even more revealing to components and power cords so consider that if you gong to bought a 1000 PRO that its going to get expensive.. i did try many different power cables until I did settle down with the Purist Audio Neptune that I did find a perfect match for my setup, the fun thing is I did also try the Purist Audio Dominus that is the step above Neptune but it did not work so well. The sales representative did told me that Neputune is a better match with ab class amps and digital amplifiers and the dominus is better for a class amps and tubes!
If I would start to gather a hifi setup with Devialet to day I would find that the most important is the power to it and then the speaker cables!
Other power cables I did evaluate before I ended with the Purist Audio Neptune was Shunyata 4000€. Anzus 4000€. Transparent referens 2300€ And Transparent referens XL 4000€

Here is a link to the supra power cable http://www.jenving.com/products/mains-co...10-250v-16
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
(08-Feb-2020, 06:21)awkaplan Wrote: I mean running anything in the lineup with a Z3 is doing the amp a disservice.  But I believe it!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you criticizing the AQZ3 or teasing? As a 'sleeper cable' I believe it is an outstanding product. Absolutely a bargain and for me, once I plugged it in I did not bother swapping it out; the improvement was easily apparent. Are there better cables? Without a doubt. but you can find 'better' or 'different' for any component. The cable I'm using now is better, but more expensive and it is a strange three-headed combo cable feeding three components, so not necessarily an equal comparison.

Your original post was about cables that outperform their price point. The AQ Z3 does that easily, and there are quite a few on this forum who view it that way.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada