Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sold: Melco HA-N1A
Hi, I ˋm selling my
Melco N1A MusicServer and Streamer
Excellent technical and optical condition

899 € plus shipping 
Paypal
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(04-May-2020, 18:41)beerman Wrote: Hi, I ˋm selling my

899 € plus shipping 
Paypal
Hi Beerman, so what you are replacing it with?
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(04-May-2020, 21:49)blair.athol Wrote:

899 € plus shipping 
Paypal
 Hello, I`m replacing it with a roon nucleus. Just sold.
Linn LP12 Sondek + Radikal + Urika + Ekos II + EMT HSD006 - roon nucleus + SBooster - Devialet 220 Pro CI - Kef LS50 - Dspeaker Antimode 8033s II + SBooster - Kef KF92 Subwoofer

Bavaria
(04-May-2020, 21:54)beerman Wrote:
(04-May-2020, 21:49)blair.athol Wrote:

899 € plus shipping 
Paypal
 Hello, I`m replacing it with a roon nucleus. Just sold.
Ok, so what offers a Roon Nucleus on top of a Melco and compared to a simple Mac ?
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
I had a long time a macmini (with Amarra) in my system, but it was later clearly outperformed by the Melco N1A.

Then I discovered roon. After testing roon for a month or so, much pleased, I bought a year license. The license expired and I lived a few month without roon. But this was a bad idea and I finally bought a lifetime license.
The roon core is now on my desktop iMac, the music folder is on a extern USB Harddisc (no SSD) connected to the iMac and it streams over Devialet Air (Wifi).

The sound quality is almost as good as streamed over USB from the harddisc of the Melco. There is a small advantage for the Melco.

If I stream from my Tidal account I can´t find any significant difference in sound.
Tidal over iMac/roon/Air Wifi/Devialet sounds very similar to Tidal/Control App/Melco/USB/Devialet.
I never had issues with roon and Air Wifi to my Devialet (with one exception: When my iMac does Timemachine Backups or harddisk optimization and I listen to music there are always dropouts or the music stops).

Because I like the "roon experience" so much, my Melco was in almost no use for longer times. So I thought it is better to sell it. It is very unfortunately that Melco does no roon.

Now I wanted to integrate roon more closely in my music system, it is a little uncomfortable to run my desktop when I want to listen to music.

So I was looking for alternatives.

roon nucleus is very obvious. I know it is also a computer, like the macmini, but it is a dedicated audio computer (like the Melco) and that does the trick in my eyes (and ears).
So my coming next digital source will be:
roon nucleus with a built-in SSD for my audio files and with a special power supply: SBooster BOTW P&P MkII.

Ok, your question first part: What offers a roon nucleus over a Melco? Simple answer: roon. It is a pity that Melco does no roon integration (And I´ll stand on Makoto Maki´s coffeetable in my cowboy boots and say that).

Your question second part: What offers a roon nucleus compared to a simple Mac? No simple answer: I don´t have the roon nucleus already in my setup, so I must postpone the answer. Give me a little time to listen to the nucleus in my setup and and I can tell. Maybe the dedicated audio operating system does a better job than a personal computer?
Clearly Devialet Air does a wonderful job to separate personal computers from the music setup.

I will be happy if the sound quality is as good as my iMac source.
I expect (or hope for) a sound quality equal or better to my iMac or Melco due to the dedicated audio computer roon nucleus, the built-in SSD and the special power supply. In this case I will be more happy Smile.

Bavaria
(05-May-2020, 19:15)beerman Wrote: I had a long time a macmini (with Amarra) in my system, but it was later clearly outperformed by the Melco N1A.

Then I discovered roon. After testing roon for a month or so, much pleased, I bought a year license. The license expired and I lived a few month without roon. But this was a bad idea and I finally bought a lifetime license.
The roon core is now on my desktop iMac, the music folder is on a extern USB Harddisc (no SSD) connected to the iMac and it streams over Devialet Air (Wifi).

The sound quality is almost as good as streamed over USB from the harddisc of the Melco. There is a small advantage for the Melco.

If I stream from my Tidal account I can´t find any significant difference in sound.
Tidal over iMac/roon/Air Wifi/Devialet sounds very similar to Tidal/Control App/Melco/USB/Devialet.
I never had issues with roon and Air Wifi to my Devialet (with one exception: When my iMac does Timemachine Backups or harddisk optimization and I listen to music there are always dropouts or the music stops).

Because I like the "roon experience" so much, my Melco was in almost no use for longer times. So I thought it is better to sell it. It is very unfortunately that Melco does no roon.

Now I wanted to integrate roon more closely in my music system, it is a little uncomfortable to run my desktop when I want to listen to music.

So I was looking for alternatives.

roon nucleus is very obvious. I know it is also a computer, like the macmini, but it is a dedicated audio computer (like the Melco) and that does the trick in my eyes (and ears).
So my coming next digital source will be:
roon nucleus with a built-in SSD for my audio files and with a special power supply: SBooster BOTW P&P MkII.

Ok, your question first part: What offers a roon nucleus over a Melco? Simple answer: roon. It is a pity that Melco does no roon integration (And I´ll stand on Makoto Maki´s coffeetable in my cowboy boots and say that).

Your question second part: What offers a roon nucleus compared to a simple Mac? No simple answer: I don´t have the roon nucleus already in my setup, so I must postpone the answer. Give me a little time to listen to the nucleus in my setup and and I can tell. Maybe the dedicated audio operating system does a better job than a personal computer?
Clearly Devialet Air does a wonderful job to separate personal computers from the music setup.

I will be happy if the sound quality is as good as my iMac source.
I expect (or hope for) a sound quality equal or better to my iMac or Melco due to the dedicated audio computer roon nucleus, the built-in SSD and the special power supply. In this case I will be more happy Smile.
Hallo Beerman,
thanks a lot for your detailed answer and thoughts. I do have Roon lifetime subscription with Qobuz sublime and currently I stream via Roon Raat or Air from Mac as Roon core. I might have same experiences as you with quality and streaming from the Mac and I sometimes experienced dropouts when my TimeCapsule was starting a backup and I was streaming Hires files.  Although, I am still really satisfied with the quality of the sound. Nevertheless, there is certainly always room for improvement and I am looking forward to your further posts about your experiences with Roon Nucleus.