Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solution for seeing the display while seated
It bothered me quite a bit that I was unable to see the Devialet display while sitting in the listening position. So I took a theory and tried out the experiment. I'm glad to report that the results were positive.

The idea was to take a prism, and have the image be projected forward. I could not use any mirrors, because then I'd need additional components to flip the image back, and that would defeat the purpose of this being a simple contraption.

The image is still too small for me to see from where I'm seated, so I'll be experimenting with some lenses, but for now, this works.

Without further ado - along with a bonus picture: the most expensive kitty daybed ever.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

#3 gets my vote for best system pic of the month. If I can find my cat, I'll post a 'back at'cha' photo. Of course, if you ever sell anything and advertise it as from a 'pet free home' we'll put this on a billboard, but otherwise, epic sucess!

Could be a new thread, for sure. I tried to get some controversy going with a question about whether or not the Dev could be used as a warming tray, but most folks here were too shrewd to get sidetracked with that one.

Oh yeah, nice prism.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Haha - duly noted good sir! Please do keep me honest - it's the only mantra I live by.

I had turned off the power saving (standby) feature, and that meant there was a day long warm-tray for her. No-freaking-way. So I'm a bit more conscious of turning power off when done listening.
Devialet 400 / Von Gaylord Return Of The Legend + VG-1 Plus / Well Tempered Simplex w/ Dynavector 20x2L
Brilliant idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Smile wonderful!
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
The cat's whiskers  Big Grin!
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Fantastic idea, love it.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Does it sound better with a cat on it? I must try this. I've got 4 to choose from including my usernamesake (pictured) so will figure out which one works best!
(05-Mar-2015, 13:46)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Does it sound better with a cat on it? I must try this. I've got 4 to choose from so will figure out which one works best!

Now that will be an interesting demo - let us know which one (cat)ches your eye (and ears). We will need a "caterwauling" rating Big Grin Big Grin.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(05-Mar-2015, 13:46)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Does it sound better with a cat on it? I must try this. I've got 4 to choose from including my usernamesake (pictured) so will figure out which one works best!

You will have to start a new thread in the 'tweaking' section.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.