Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonus Faber Cremona
Hello,
I was wondering if someone is using a Devialet Expert amp to drive the original SF Cremona (or the M)?

If so which expert and what is your experience?

I’d like to get rid of my McIntosh integrated amp etc and get something more all in one I can use with Roon.

Thanks
Cremona M was one of the first speakers to be SAM ed , if not the first, that since they ( Devialet ) used it together with the old D Pemier and did at that time recomend that combo

Was based on recomandation via mail at that time ordered my own Cremona M
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Thanks Petter!
I notice you have the 250.
Ever tempted to upgrade?  Wink
I love my Sonus faber Cremona (not the M version) in combinations with a Expert 250pro. Fitted with Isoacoustic Gaia footers. With or without SAM they sound great. A good upgrade was the Yter loudspeaker cables.
Devialet 250 Expert Pro, SME 20/2, Ayre CX-7,Aurender S10,
Furutech Daytona 303e, Sonus Faber Cremona, Yter and Audioquest cables and Isoaccoustics dampers
Hi iefbo

I have had the Sonus Faber Cremona Ms for some while now, maybe nearly 10 years which probably speaks volumes (no pun intended) for how they perform.  I listen to a mix of classical, acoustic folk/country/Ameriana type music, classic rock and some electronica. I dont feel they are the best with heavier rock but with acoustic instruments I think they are sublime.  These were one of the last speakers the late, great Franco Serblin voiced at Sonus Faber before leaving to start his own firm.

I am not sure I am either well versed enough in the vocabulary of describing hifi or have anywhere near enough experience of other systems to rate or rank them reliably against others. Suffice to say most people are blown away by the sound and my dealer still think the system sounds amazing. He has latched on to a few of my changes such as the CAD Ground Control which he now sells after hearing it in my system

The best changes I have made to my system have been to go Expert Pro, add the CAD Ground and then the dcs Vivaldi Upsampler (the latter luckily well before the last round of horrific dcs price rises) . VFM for you going to Expert Pro would give you a huge jump in SQ. 

My speaker cable could probably be improved.  I believe the old SF were wired with Yter cable as now are the Franco Serblin speakers. I would be tempted to also look at the Franco Serblin speakers if you like the old SF aesthetic and sound...the new Accordo Esssence are stunning and sound great apprarently but I have not heard them. My dealer stocks them and has dropped SF.  He also raves about the Ktemas. 

My rooom is 6x4m. I have it set up in the triangular config preferred by Franco Serblin with an c. equilateral triangle  of c 2.x2x2m between listening position and speakers.

Good luck in your search and choices. Let us know what you decide.

Best wishes
Paul
Devialet Expert Pro Dual 1000 / Wadia 381i / DCS Vivaldi Upsampler / Sonus Faber Cremona M with Crystal CableSpeak micro cable / SME Model 10 / DS W2 Optical Cartridge / Roon Nucleus + with Mcru/LDA PSU +0 Sotm Switch / Shunyata Omega Ethernet cables / Cad GC3 Ground Control / Adept Response AR8 / Air Audio AC-2K Balanced Power from mains / Bespoke audio cabinet with corian shelves / Crystal Cable Absolute Dream cables for Cd, Upsampler (aes) and vinyl (rca) / Sablon Audio power cables and one Mcru / furutech NcF boosters, cable lifters, destat and wall sockets / Lessloss firewall lodspeaker conditioners / Origin Live Record Weight / Stein Music perfect interface vinyl platter mat