Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony HAP-Z1ES USB issues with D200
Hi,

I am trying out the Sony music server Hap-z1es and cannot get the USB out to work properly. The firmware is all up to date. When I use the USB output to the D200, it plays music but with almost no volume. I have to max out the volume to get any sound.

Anybody using this server? Any thoughts on what I might try to fix this issue?

Thanks.
--- JayR

Acer Aspire / Sony SCD-777ES -- Devialet D-200 -- Audio Physic Virgo 25
(12-Dec-2017, 20:25)Jayr Wrote: Hi,

I am trying out the Sony music server Hap-z1es and cannot get the USB out to work properly. The firmware is all up to date. When I use the USB output to the D200, it plays music but with almost no volume. I have to max out the volume to get any sound.

Thanks.

I am not familiar with the Sony HAP-Z1ES, but are you sure that there is no form of internal volume control?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(12-Dec-2017, 20:25)Jayr Wrote: Hi,

Thanks.

Hey Jayr,
other users of the HAP-Z1ES have reported this problem after firmware updates. I have rolled back the firmware twice after it created more problems than (was claimed by Sony) it would fix. You can go into the main menu and see which version you have in the settings and revert to the previous version on the machine. You can only go back back one version though. If the problem is not fixed then it's easy to re-update.