Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone kept old system just for stability?
Seriously thinking about just going with one system, the Phantom. However, it hast just enough stability issues to really give me pause.  Mine worked for a few months almost perfectly with the occasional unplugging to reset and reconnect. 

In these few days, suddenly it will stutter.  Music will go for seconds or minuts at most and then cut off.  And sometimes stutter non-stop.  No stability. Did not change anything. 

In part, it is this type of issues that prevents me from just letting my old system go.  Never knew that something that you can turn on, and music will flow out with 100% solid stability will be so important.

Anyone else feel the same?  Sigh. 

MtnGuy
I never used to turn my gear off just felt better letting it breath - and most failures are on power up - so why do it.... I have gotten in the habit of turning the phantoms off when not in use. Aside from the power savings as an added benefit (2 phantoms and a dialog consume nearly .25kwh sitting idle) I've achieved what would be basic expected, stability.
Since the time I put everything on Ethernet and on an Isolated network and Reboot daily, I RARELY have issues I can pin on the Devialet gear, other than UNIMPLEMENTED functionality.  One would hope they are serious but I'm not seeing it yet.

I hope a daily power cycle for my audio gear, like that old crusty WIFI AP, to fix random glitches is not the new normal.   But ya -it seems to be....  its a bit disconcerting to wonder if the right sounds are going to come out at any moment if you have not rebooted your speakers recently.   I have several systems, but more for where am I doing. i.e. mobile, theater, listening - The Phantoms are part of that family, but I still have an older 2.1 system OFF - rather than the usual - standby - collecting dust now.

I do miss the days before I was wondering if my speakers are going to work.  and having 1 remote. Though if your ok with getting just the right setup and not changing it and power cycling then no particular issue here.
(30-Mar-2016, 07:08)MountainGuy Wrote: Seriously thinking about just going with one system, the Phantom. However, it hast just enough stability issues to really give me pause.  Mine worked for a few months almost perfectly with the occasional unplugging to reset and reconnect. 

In these few days, suddenly it will stutter.  Music will go for seconds or minuts at most and then cut off.  And sometimes stutter non-stop.  No stability. Did not change anything. 

In part, it is this type of issues that prevents me from just letting my old system go.  Never knew that something that you can turn on, and music will flow out with 100% solid stability will be so important.

Anyone else feel the same?  Sigh. 

MtnGuy

Did you have done the complete factory reset to solve this problems?
For what it's worth, once I moved away from wifi to ethernet, my system has been rock solid for the past two weeks, whereas on wifi I'd encounter some sort of glitch within a few days that would require at minimum a power-cycle of Dialog, or a full blown system reset in the worse cases.

But I do keep my previous audio system as i still love it. And I hate to say it, but I anticipate some system failure to occur at some point of Phantom's life as it is all electronics. When that time comes I suspect the cost of repairing them would be prohibitive. So I view the Phantoms as a really awesome system, but with a limited life span. I'll enjoy them for as long as they last though. When they die, I'll revisit my previous system.
While it is too early to know how long the Phantom to last, I also have wondered what it's life span is with the amazing (and beautifully engineered) complexity. Meanwhile, enjoying it.
(31-Mar-2016, 06:37)MountainGuy Wrote: While it is too early to know how long the Phantom to last, I also have wondered what it's life span is with the amazing (and beautifully engineered) complexity.  Meanwhile, enjoying it.

Hi MountainGuy 

And? Did you have done the complete factory reset to solve your problems?