Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound distortion on companion
I recommend factory reset for both units
Done.

Once I swapped master and companion that was the first thing to do (reset of new master), since, as I've already wrote, I wasn't sure whether reset of master automatically reset companion and I didn't find a way to reset companion.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

So far, so good.
It didn't happen again for almost a month.

After two months - still everything OK.

It just needed one good reset Smile

@Delija - Great news that your issue seems to be solved. (even minor distortion on one channel would drive me crazy I am sure)

This may seem like a stupid question (one of my specialties maybe), but what exactly is considered a "factory reset" - is this a simple unplug / plug back in and restart (with config cards in place), or is this a case of unplug, remove config cards, plug back in, restart with "factory" settings, then restart with again with the config cards back in place?

EDIT - And how are you finding the Dynaudio Confidence 50's? I have happy memories of spending some time listening to the old C4 version, I liked them a lot. I'm guessing the combination of the Devialet with the new 50's should be rather good.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
"Put your Expert device in stand-by mode (screen off), and long press (5 seconds) the front button to operate a factory reset."

As I already wrote, this will not reset Companion. I switched Master and Companion (SD cards and cables) and did factory reset of other Devialet. I left them in this configuration.

I like Confidence 50's a lot. 

They have different sound compared with old Confidence series - closer to Evidence series. They have more resolution, transparency, dynamics, "air"..., but they have kept musicality, smoothness, fluidity of old Confidence.

There are speakers which can show you more details, resolution and air, and speakers which are more musical and smooth, but not so many with proper combination. At least not in this price bracket.

I would say it's a pretty good match with Devialet. 
I've heard them also with some other electronics which provide even more musicality and smoothness, but the cost is somewhat lower dynamics, smaller soundstage and higher price Smile