Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soundstage Ultra Devialet 400 review.
http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/equi...ifier-dacs

Guy;-)
And he's goes on here too.

http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/feat...h-end-2014

I haven't heard everything out there so I can't comment but is Devialet really the best thing available at any price? I guess we'll have to wait until he reviews the next amp and see whether he calls that 'even better'
Either way, I'm happy with my 200 and not looking around at all Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(01-Dec-2014, 02:46)seeseerider Wrote: http://www.ultraaudio.com/index.php/equi...ifier-dacs

Guy;-)

very pleasing and encouraging to read this now when i am due to receive my Companion today and finally upgrade my D200 to D400 and join the club of Dual Mono Smile

thanks for sharing!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I guess Jeff needs to get some Entreq boxes/cables so he can really hear how good the D400 are.;-)
(01-Dec-2014, 07:25)mauidan Wrote: I guess Jeff needs to get some Entreq boxes/cables so he can really hear how good the D400 are.;-)

Even without the Entreq gear Jeff was impressed:

Quote:I’m as surprised as you that I’m saying this, but the Devialet 400s produced the best sound I’ve ever heard.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
(01-Dec-2014, 15:56)Charlemagne Wrote:
(01-Dec-2014, 07:25)mauidan Wrote: I guess Jeff needs to get some Entreq boxes/cables so he can really hear how good the D400 are.;-)

Even without the Entreq gear Jeff was impressed:

Quote:I’m as surprised as you that I’m saying this, but the Devialet 400s produced the best sound I’ve ever heard.

I don't really see what Entreq has to do with Jeff's review, bit random really... Rolleyes

What I did notice is that Jeff is using a lot of nice Nordost cables and did I see balanced power too? And he does of course have some of the best speakers in the world to play with.

Quote:My system is fed by a Torus Power WM100 BAL electrical panel mounted on the wall. This panel makes the power delivery to my components ultrastable and ultraquiet. Since the Torus’s installation in 2012, I believe I’ve gotten the best performance possible from the amplifiers I’ve had in my system. Still, the Devialet 400s were more quiet than any of them, which made them the most resolving I’ve heard.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(01-Dec-2014, 16:12)GuillaumeB Wrote: I don't really see what Entreq has to do with Jeff's review, bit random really... Rolleyes
Guillaume

I guess you didn't see the ;-) at the end of my post.

I'm glad you pointed out that Jeff has a Torus Power WM100 BAL electrical panel. IMO, people who have taken the time to treat the
AC in their listening rooms with equipment based on proven electrical principals; don't need expensive band aids like the Entreq.Cool
Well I've used balanced power but Entreq had a bigger effect... There are potential safety issues with balanced power too (e.g 'neutral'-> earth is live and almost always un-fused on consumer equipment).
(01-Dec-2014, 18:42)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Well I've used balanced power but Entreq had a bigger effect... There are potential safety issues with balanced power too (e.g 'neutral'-> earth is live and almost always un-fused on consumer equipment).

If that's true, then once again I guess Jeff needs to get some Entreq boxes/cables so he can really hear how good the D400 are.

Maybe you or Guillaume should drop him a line.Cool
It all depends on the qualities of your power supply really and I guess the earthing arrangement of the equipment. I got a nice improvement with balanced PSUs -sufficiently large portable ones, not a massive in-house thing - but it wasn't huge and ultimately I felt the size/bulk of the things outweighed the improvement. I still have one actually and might give it another go.
It was the Entreq grounding box, specifically Tellus and up on the Devialet that really cracked the supply problems I had, and I already have dedicated spurs, consumer unit, earth rod etc. My feeling is the chassis-bonded earth design on the Devialet has issues & the Entreq system works round this somehow. I've played a lot with Linn Klimax gear which is earthed the same way and figured you can change the entire sound of any of their components - DS especially by simply torquing the chassis bolt where the earth is bonded to. There's heated arguments on this subject on DIY audiophile sites.