Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark 1.0.8.10
(07-Apr-2017, 12:32)ragwo Wrote: Have you tried a full factory reset or just a new setup procedure?
My system needed full factory reset done with my Mac that serves the local files. Before I experienced stuttering and stopped playing both of local and Qubuz streamed tracks. Full factory reset performed with my IOS devices did not improve the situation. Only after a full factory reset from Spark on MacOS I regained a stable system. (3 Phantoms, Dialog connected through PLC). Yesterday, I could play all sources for 6h without any dropouts. So I assume the new IOS version of Spark is not yet fit for setup function.
Everything works, but from the UI/UX standpoint it become worse. Much unneeded images and round icons, gradients here and there, more sub-folders all over the interface, lame "playing now" animation. It's not a job for a programmer or graphics designer to do proper interfaces.
i dont know what Spark on osx is doing, but my macbook fans go nuts.
working great with my 3 golds =)
It is always a good idea to reset everything after firmware upgrades. Phantoms are not an exception to the rule.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(15-Apr-2017, 02:00)sekriT Wrote: It is always a good idea to reset everything after firmware upgrades. Phantoms are not an exception to the rule.
Why?

I setup my Phantoms 18 months ago and have not reset them (with the button) since.  I do switch them off after use, and on again when I want to listen - is that what you mean by reset?

Very occasionally I have had to restart my Humax satellite recorder when it had gone catatonic, my router maybe once a year.  I have not reset any computer, iPad, TV, amplifier, Sonos items, or anything else.

Maybe I have a charmed life?
(16-Apr-2017, 18:10)andrew_brown Wrote:
(15-Apr-2017, 02:00)sekriT Wrote: It is always a good idea to reset everything after firmware upgrades. Phantoms are not an exception to the rule.
Why?

I setup my Phantoms 18 months ago and have not reset them (with the button) since.  I do switch them off after use, and on again when I want to listen - is that what you mean by reset?

Very occasionally I have had to restart my Humax satellite recorder when it had gone catatonic, my router maybe once a year.  I have not reset any computer, iPad, TV, amplifier, Sonos items, or anything else.

Maybe I have a charmed life?

Because all these devices are running an OS and you are updating them during each firmware update. It is just a good practice. By turning them off, you are restarting them which is also good thing.  I never turn them off, and if don't listen to them for some time, phantoms loose connectivity to the dialog. Ideally I should not loose connectivity but hey, these are made by Devialet.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(07-Apr-2017, 12:32)ragwo Wrote:
(07-Apr-2017, 04:18)Eggman Wrote: This update is a complete disaster. Spark has lost all functionality, stops in the middle of songs, playlists are a non-starter. Love the sound, but would never recommend the system to a friend. Too many headaches for the $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strange, try a full factory reset. I have no trouble at all. 

(07-Apr-2017, 12:20)mvrlondon Wrote: The update broke Qobuz for me.  It logged me out and now when I try to log in it says "An error has occured".  No further info.
Have you tried a full factory reset or just a new setup procedure?

Tried full reset, no improvement. Playlists, be they mac or Spark, just stop after one or two songs. So frustrating.

(19-Apr-2017, 05:16)Eggman Wrote:
(07-Apr-2017, 12:32)ragwo Wrote:
(07-Apr-2017, 04:18)Eggman Wrote: This update is a complete disaster. Spark has lost all functionality, stops in the middle of songs, playlists are a non-starter. Love the sound, but would never recommend the system to a friend. Too many headaches for the $$$.

Strange, try a full factory reset. I have no trouble at all. 

(07-Apr-2017, 12:20)mvrlondon Wrote: The update broke Qobuz for me.  It logged me out and now when I try to log in it says "An error has occured".  No further info.

Tried full reset, no improvement. Playlists, be they mac or Spark, just stop after one or two songs. So frustrating.

What is a full reset for you?
(19-Apr-2017, 07:23)Johnnydev Wrote:
(19-Apr-2017, 05:16)Eggman Wrote:
(07-Apr-2017, 12:32)ragwo Wrote: Strange, try a full factory reset. I have no trouble at all. 

What is a full reset for you?

Unplugging everything, re plugging, pressing the reset button three times, going through Spark setup ad nauseum. Is there more to do?