Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark 1.6.3 and DOS 1.8.1 have been released!
(21-Sep-2016, 18:31)Scubadon Wrote: Any similar problems with Qobuz?  I may consider changing to it from Tidal.

I also can confirm that there is no problem with CD quality streaming with Qobuz. With the Qobuz sublime subscription you can also stream hi-res quality (up to 24/192k) when you purchased the album, but Spark only shows you the last 50 purchases you did. This limitation does not exist in the Qobuz app. So, this must be a bug in Spark. Hi-res streaming has drop-outs from time to time, but CD-quality streaming work reliably all the time with me. My favorite! Using Spark locally stored hi-res files play without any drop outs.
The only problem with Qobuz is the narrow music database compared to Tidal.... otherwise the best out there!
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
(21-Sep-2016, 18:31)Scubadon Wrote: Any similar problems with Qobuz?  I may consider changing to it from Tidal.

No any problem with qobuz !  :-)
(21-Sep-2016, 16:27)B1aze Wrote: I contacted Devialet about the soundquality-bug and here's their answer;

Thank you for your message. 
We are so sorry for that !

I confirm there is definitely an issue on our side there. 
The fix will be included not in the next release, but in the one after (update 10). 
There is no date yet but it should be around December. 

We were hoping to include the fix yesterday, but the issue was a bit too complex to do it so shortly. 

Please let us know if you encounter anything  else. 

So they are doing 2 updates before December? That will be fast based on past updates. Hope they get there.
(20-Sep-2016, 17:21)seb Wrote:
(20-Sep-2016, 17:07)ragwo Wrote: They haven't fixed the streaming quality bug in Tidal. That is really annoying, customer service claimed a month ago that the the bug was fixed and just waiting for a release.

What do you exactly mean? I opened Spark and checked. It is set to "Best format available". Are you sure that this is not HiFi with a TIDAL HiFi Account? ....

OK. I tried the following. I logged out of TIDAL and then logged in again. Now I was able to select "HiFi - FLAC" Smile

YES ME TOO IT WORKS!!!
New version of Spark is released for Android. Seems like there were some problems with installation on tablets.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(22-Sep-2016, 09:56)Joey Wrote:
(20-Sep-2016, 17:21)seb Wrote:
(20-Sep-2016, 17:07)ragwo Wrote: They haven't fixed the streaming quality bug in Tidal. That is really annoying, customer service claimed a month ago that the the bug was fixed and just waiting for a release.

What do you exactly mean? I opened Spark and checked. It is set to "Best format available". Are you sure that this is not HiFi with a TIDAL HiFi Account? ....

OK. I tried the following. I logged out of TIDAL and then logged in again. Now I was able to select "HiFi - FLAC" Smile

YES ME TOO IT WORKS!!!

When you start Spark again it has reversed to AAC 320. The setting won't stick.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Double albums are gone now, but fonts are still screwed when using display scaling in Windows.
Spark does not try to update my speakers and Dialog. What should I do? Also, Spark is screwed on OS X, there is a mess if you go to Devices and click any device, new label "connectivity indicator" is placed over other texts.
So, I've heard people complaining about the hissing-sound from their Phantoms at low volume, but never had an issue with it myself.

Seems like Devialet has added that to my speakers on the last update. Great!

Anyone else?