Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark & Android woes
Hi Guys,

Has anybody experienced problems with the Spark app for Android?

At the moment when I I simply cannot get past the set-up screen when using the app for Android.

This is what happens

1. I launch the app (from tablet or smart phone)
2. Screen says 'Connecting to Network'
3. Next screen says 'Looking for phantoms'
4. Next screen says 'Welcome to Spark!'
5. I click the 'Start' button
6. The next screen is the 'Dialog' with the question 'Do you have a Dialog' and two options Yes or Not Yet
7. I click Yes (because the 'Dialog' is connected to the network)
8. The next screen says 'Connect Dialog'

Every time I use the Android app, no matter what I try (rebooted my devices, uninstalled and re-installed Spark, etc) nothing works. I have also performed the Spark set up routine, which cured the same problem that I was experiencing with Windows.,

So in short, my Windows PC can connect to and manage Spark. My Android devices can't despite my efforts described above.

What has changed?
  • I changed my router about 3 weeks ago (and yes I can connect successfully through my wireless)
  • Downloaded the new 1.6.x version of Spark

Has anybody else experienced the above or similar problems? Can anybody help please?

Thanks in advance.
I'm clueless as to how the Dialog discovery works but I'll take a punt that it could be to do with multicast discovery, usually SSDP, not working with your new router. Could be a setting on the router called IGMP snooping or IGMP proxy that might be disabled by default? That's a bit of a wild guess but might be worth checking. Someone will come along and give the real reason soon!
I have no problem with Android phone and tablet with Spark, my girlfriend installed Spark the other day and that worked out without any problem.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I'm using a SAMSUNG 6 and Spark works fine.
Down under (NZ)
- System-1: MacBook Pro running Spark / Roon | D200 | TMC Gold Reference Speaker Cables | USHER CP-8571-D
- System-2: MacBook Pro running Spark | Dialog | Phantom Silver

(29-Oct-2016, 17:37)stonedragon Wrote: Hi Guys,

Has anybody experienced problems with the Spark app for Android?

At the moment when I I simply cannot get past the set-up screen when using the app for Android.

This is what happens

1. I launch the app (from tablet or smart phone)
2. Screen says 'Connecting to Network'
3. Next screen says 'Looking for phantoms'
4. Next screen says 'Welcome to Spark!'
5. I click the 'Start' button
6. The next screen is the 'Dialog' with the question 'Do you have a Dialog' and two options Yes or Not Yet
7. I click Yes (because the 'Dialog' is connected to the network)
8. The next screen says 'Connect Dialog'

Every time I use the Android app, no matter what I try (rebooted my devices, uninstalled and re-installed Spark, etc) nothing works. I have also performed the Spark set up routine, which cured the same problem that I was experiencing with Windows.,

So in short, my Windows PC can connect to and manage Spark. My Android devices can't despite my efforts described above.

What has changed?
  • I changed my router about 3 weeks ago (and yes I can connect successfully through my wireless)
  • Downloaded the new 1.6.x version of Spark

Has anybody else experienced the above or similar problems? Can anybody help please?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same problem. I'm using a Nexus 6P. I had to use my PC to set everything up. Once it's set up, Spark works fine.
Single Silver Phantom...more to come?
Hi Peeps,

Got things sorted... in a way.

I reset the router but only my android phone (the New Pixel running Nougat) can load Spark.

My other Android devices are still stuck and still keep launching the setup screen.

I'm confused... Confused
I am terribly sorry to hear that. I don't have anything to offer to help other than sympathy and hope that you have it sorted it. It does work fine on my Samsung Note 3 and Edges. Hope you have it sorted quickly.
Maybe your Android devices and your PC, Dialog are not in the same logical network or there is no access from wireless lan to the wired one. This could be an explanation why acces from your PC to Dialog is possible but not from your wireless devices. In this case no data access from your PC at your Android devices would be possible and vice versa. PC and wireless devices would not even "see" each other in the network.

I have had a similar issue like stonedragon when I updated the router firmware. It helped to delete the WLAN SSID on my WLAN devices and to connect it again.
(01-Nov-2016, 19:21)karebe Wrote: Maybe your Android devices and your PC, Dialog are not in the same logical network or there is no access from wireless lan to the wired one. This could be an explanation why acces from your PC to Dialog is possible but not from your wireless devices. In this case no data access from your PC at your Android devices would be possible and vice versa. PC and wireless devices would not even "see" each other in the network.

I have had a similar issue like stonedragon when I updated the router firmware. It helped to delete the WLAN SSID on my WLAN devices and to connect it again.

Hi Karebe thanks for the suggestion. Did that and....happy days Smile Big Grin

All is working now. Thanks everybody for the input.