Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark: Tidal source defaulting audio quality from HiFI-FLAC to High - AAC 320kbps
It happens to me too, and with my Macbook, android smartphone and ipad. It gets me wondering whether I have been actually using flac in most of my plays in the past, even if I have had the hi-res subscrition with Tidal since I purchased my phantoms past august. Considering flac option is twice as much in subscription costs, this is simply unacceptable. I hope this is fixed shortly in the next software release or I will downgrade my tidal subscription
For me the way it works is: every time I close Spark, the configuration gets back to AAC 320 Kbps. Then I go to settings, sources, tidal settings, and then I disable and then enable the Tidal source. After doing so the Audio Quality is reset to HiFi - Flac. I need to do this every time I re-open the app.

Do you know if there is any way of knowing whether the phantoms are actually reproducing Flac? I guess I could use a sniffer and measure bandwidth used in the download, but if anyone has come out with a simpler method to know, please share.
As my wife said with a vicious smile "Can't you hear the difference?" Wink
The easiest way is to buy a Chromecast Audio and forget about streaming Tidal via Spark.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Nov-2016, 14:26)ragwo Wrote: As my wife said with a vicious smile "Can't you hear the difference?" Wink
The easiest way is to buy a Chromecast Audio and forget about streaming Tidal via Spark.

Ouch!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Point is, at $6,000 for a pair of golds, we should not have to use a $35 chroamcast audio. They should fix spark to work right!
(11-Nov-2016, 23:57)Scubadon Wrote: Point is, at $6,000 for a pair of golds, we should not have to use a $35 chroamcast audio.  They should fix spark to work right!

I do agree, but it's a quick fix, and a lot quicker than Devialet's.
My Phantom Voyage
(11-Nov-2016, 19:08)martinskeem Wrote:
(11-Nov-2016, 14:26)ragwo Wrote: As my wife said with a vicious smile "Can't you hear the difference?" Wink

Ouch!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it still hurts  Tongue
My Phantom Voyage
I've tried the enable /disable trick and after that it shows FLAC. When I come back to this setting after 2-3 songs its back at ACC 320.

I do probably listen to ACC 320 most of the time and pay for HIFI FLAC Tidal. wooohaa

Thinking that I have to buy another box to get FLAC. Just to make sure. Now I dont know I get FLac.

I have asked Devialet support about this twice but got no reply for a hole week.

Does Devialet really have a fix for this? Can someone confirm?

I have 2 golds and a dialog.
(12-Nov-2016, 11:59)trex Wrote: I've tried the enable /disable trick and after that it shows FLAC. When I come back to this setting after 2-3 songs its back at ACC 320.

I do probably listen to ACC 320 most of the time and pay for HIFI FLAC Tidal. wooohaa

Thinking that I have to buy another box to get FLAC. Just to make sure. Now I dont know I get FLac.

I have asked Devialet support about this twice but got no reply for a hole week.

Does Devialet really have a fix for this? Can someone confirm?

I have 2 golds and a dialog.

I have asked them and they said they were working on a fix for this but no time when a new firmware is going to be released.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(30-Sep-2016, 21:38)ragwo Wrote:
(30-Sep-2016, 20:26)Scubadon Wrote: The bug triggers more often than that for me.  Multiple times without a restart.  I thought about going to qobuz, but their music selection sucks. Can't find a lot of what I listen to on Tidal.

Buy a Chromecast Audio and connect it via toslink and use the Tidal app. A cheap workaround while waiting for Devialet's fix. We'll might have to wait a while, at least until December.

Hi, sharing thoughts from S Korea!
You mentioned cc audio can bypass the issue. 
Do you know if Airplay via Airport express can also play FLAC on Tidal App?
If you know, it would be great if you could let me know.