Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark alternative
(30-Aug-2016, 11:45)daibaron Wrote: When Spark is used, the audio signal is processed by the Phantom's hardware decoder.
The wifi + cpl bandwidth over Bluetooth is also better.
When Bluetooth is used, it's more like the music is streamed to the Phantom but sound processing was made by a software decoder aka codecs used by iTunes or other music players.

And the difference can be noticed ?
Did you notice the background noise coming from the speaker when your Phantom is connected over Bluetooth and no audio is played ?
Bluetooth works fine with me when i'm not focused only on the music... but yes i can notice the difference and this does not mean i don't enjoy music over Bluetooth interface.
Mine have an annoying regular crackle sound when using Bluetooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As one of you suggested, I tried Roon (very nice indeed !). I send music by AIRPLAY to an Airport Express connected to one my Phantoms.
Besides the fact that AIRPLAY limits my Hi res files, I encounter a lot of drop outs probably due to
- the fact that my iMac is too far from the Airport Express (in another room)
- that Roon is still analyzing the songs

Would you suggest Aralic Aries instead of the Airport ?
Thanks in advance
I think I got the answer for the drop outs with Airport Express : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6853159?tstart=0

It appears that AE firmwares later than 7.6.1 create drop outs when using optical connection...
I hooked up a Sonos Connect into the optical of one of my golds.  Hard drive with my library is connected to my Asus router.  Sonos is on wifi and using the Sonos app I stream Tidal or my library. Works flawless and Sonos has a very intuitive and nice looking (ios) interface.
I think Sonos is brilliant and have several different types all over the house.  The only drawback is that it won't handle hi-res files. There was supposed to be a game changing announcement from them a few days ago, but nothing materialised.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England