Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Spark and Tidal
Hey there, 

I just got my Phantom today, set it up all ok, then have tried to add an online source from my mac, ipad, and iphone and no luck. In IOS the online source part has a small arrow but nothing happens when you click it, and on Mac there is just no option for it. 

Help??
Online services are only enabled when you get the Dialog.
That's how they're trying to make you buy 2 Phantoms, and make money in the way.
There is not technical reason to do it this way, just making money.
(28-Dec-2015, 12:24)zimisfit Wrote: Hey there, 

I just got my Phantom today, set it up all ok, then have tried to add an online source from my mac, ipad, and iphone and no luck. In IOS the online source part has a small arrow but nothing happens when you click it, and on Mac there is just no option for it. 

Help??

Had the same problem and received the same answer from Devialet support regarding necessity of dialog for music streaming from Tidal.  Was sort of annoyed as the person replying from Devialet said "I am alway free to use Bluetooth to stream from any source. " 
A.  Of course I know I can use Bluetooth(and have good but not the BEST sound)
B.  Most peole who use Tidal do it for the lossless HiFi component only availabe thru wifi streaming
C.  Seems like Spark certainly was capable of wifi stream as early versions before Bluetooth was enabled(see most phantom reviews online) only allowed streamed content from Tidal, Deezer and Quboz via spark app. 
Seems like for now only option is Bluetooth or Airport exress and Toslink.
Thanks for this, its pretty maddening... I did quite a lot of research before buying it, and never saw that explained anywhere.
I have actually just checked on their website and it clearly states online services are available without the Dialog, and not through bluetooth as it limits it to the services available through Spark and states more are coming soon
I already wrote this in another thread but it fits here, too:

The Homepage sais "access" to tidal. And thats what you have. Access. You can listen to it. Just not on your devialet system and not in Spark. Thats the biggest rip off ever. But they never said streaming of tidal in spark. As far as I understand you need dialog for that.

Welcome to world of false devialet advertising. You have to read every single word carefully in this new world
Agree with all the annoyance of Spark...but I still LOVE the Phantom especially in the use I have it: a single speaker in an exercise room.  It most certainly beats anything out there in this class(wireless speakers) in terms of sound quality(esp at volume) and bass response. Still a pleasure to listen to even with the limitations of Bluetooth.  It is costly, but assembling a system which would give you something comparable soundwise would be at least equal if not more in price and much more cumbersome as opposed to a single speaker which plugs into the wall and then ROCKS!!!

Be patient and get to know your Phantom and I think at the end of the day you will be happy. 

P.S.   The connectivity/app issues will all be eventually resolved is my guess too as this seems to be a work in progress.
I Can definately confirm the tidal and dialog thing.

I was not able to select tidal in other sources with one phantom silver and direct connection. I got a dialog today and the moment i started using dialog in my setup, tidal is available in spark!
(28-Dec-2015, 21:42)phantomguy Wrote: Agree with all the annoyance of Spark...but I still LOVE the Phantom especially in the use I have it: a single speaker in an exercise room.  It most certainly beats anything out there in this class(wireless speakers) in terms of sound quality(esp at volume) and bass response. Still a pleasure to listen to even with the limitations of Bluetooth.  It is costly, but assembling a system which would give you something comparable soundwise would be at least equal if not more in price and much more cumbersome as opposed to a single speaker which plugs into the wall and then ROCKS!!!

Be patient and get to know your Phantom and I think at the end of the day you will be happy. 

P.S.   The connectivity/app issues will all be eventually resolved is my guess too as this seems to be a work in progress.

^hahahahahaha. Yeah right. Devialet sucks a$$
I bought a single phantom gold last weekend and have no issues using the online source section in the Spark app. Have linked my tidal and Spotify accounts.
I select a playlist through the Spark app then turn off the app and my Wi-Fi and the playlist plays in full Smile love it.