Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark, how are the music libraries refreshed
I have a lot of music on my NAS. I'm still busy completing/changing some of the embedded tags (I use MP3tag).

After making the changes I do a restart of Spark and expected to see the new/changed files. But no, the files seem to be unchanged.

So which function (of Spark) is responsible for updating the file info. And/or, how long will it take ?
I could force an update after I retagged my alac files by first deleting all paths, turning off the local drive in settings. Then turn on the local files with no path indicated. Like this the database is built with no files in it. Finally, you then can add again your local paths and Dialog builds up the new database. Maybe Dialog would adjust its database after some time, e.g. after 24h by a rescan. But since Devialet is shy to give us users details we have to explore SPARK's behaviour on our own.
(24-Sep-2015, 18:20)streamy Wrote: I could force an update after I retagged my alac files by first deleting all paths, turning off the local drive in settings. Then turn on the local files with no path indicated. Like this the database is built with no files in it. Finally, you then can add again your local paths and Dialog builds up the new database. Maybe Dialog would adjust its database after some time, e.g. after 24h by a rescan. But since Devialet is shy to give us users details we have to explore SPARK's behaviour on our own.

Thanks for the detailed information/procedure. While waiting for responses I have just started with deleting one path, close/started Spark, define the deleted path again. No changes to be seen. Then I closed/started Spark again. Now I'm waiting for Shark to finish the startup (already busy for 3 minutes).

OK, after 4 minutes Spark was ready and the program interface started (altogether is not too bad for indexing 1,47 Tb/3.685 maps/68.769 files). The changes are visible and I have a circumvention.

Indeed it's a pity that an user-startable "refresh option" is missing. And yes, Devialet is shy to give details to their users; error-and-trial seems to be the way.

However I must say that the Support Desk response is not too bad.
Yes, I agree that the Support Desk is good and so far the support team is responsive, but maybe what goes beyond this to the technical team tends to get lost or forgotten. So after quit some months I'm still waiting for the promised bluetooth 'stick' that was offered to early buyers, even after reminding them and receiving confirmations that delivery will be done 'in the next days'.
@bluetooth stick. Same to me. After last contact the stick ought to be received before next tuesday. I'll see.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Just received my bluetooth stick ! Pairing was easy. Playing internet radio from my iphone went well and sounds good.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk