Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark not showing Title name of track?
Hi,

I´m on the latest version 1.6 and 1.4.2 and I have done a complete reset of dialog and phantoms. 
Yet I have a issue where when I play songs the title/track name does not show correctly in Spark. Once the song is playing it will turn the title field into "No Data available..."

Does anyone else experience this? None of my music is DRM protected. And it used to work perfectly, prior to 1.5.

[Image: 7Ohq9os.png]
(05-Feb-2016, 16:32)hydr Wrote: Hi,

I´m on the latest version 1.6 and 1.4.2 and I have done a complete reset of dialog and phantoms. 
Yet I have a issue where when I play songs the title/track name does not show correctly in Spark. Once the song is playing it will turn the title field into "No Data available..."

Does anyone else experience this? None of my music is DRM protected. And it used to work perfectly, prior to 1.5.

[Image: 7Ohq9os.png]

I have exactly the same problem since the latest update.
me too. It plays though... no silence.
(05-Feb-2016, 16:44)andreas Wrote: me too. It plays though... no silence.

Yeah same here. It seems a lot of people are experiencing this then. Glad I´m not alone, means Devialet probably have to fix it at some point. Smile

Thanks
Interesting. No problems here so far. So the music is stored on your local HD, right. In an iTunes folder? Does iTunes show the files correctly? 

Seems to me the scan/update of the database has a problem. Maybe 1) Unlinking of your music folder, quitting Spark and then relinking it as a new folder would help? or 2) A complete delete of the app (incl. the corresponding files in the library folder) and then a reinstall of 1.4.2. would help. The latter worked for me quite some times with other apps that had issues.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(05-Feb-2016, 18:01)seb Wrote: Interesting. No problems here so far. So the music is stored on your local HD, right. In an iTunes folder? Does iTunes show the files correctly? 

Seems to me the scan/update of the database has a problem. Maybe 1) Unlinking of your music folder, quitting Spark and then relinking it as a new folder would help? or 2) A complete delete of the app (incl. the corresponding files in the library folder) and then a reinstall of 1.4.2. would help. The latter worked for me quite some times with other apps that had issues.

Both options did not work. Same behaviour on my Android and iOS gadgets. It seems to me that SPARK's music library refreshing does not work properly for MS-Windows local or network drives.
(05-Feb-2016, 18:08)karebe Wrote:
(05-Feb-2016, 18:01)seb Wrote: Interesting. No problems here so far. So the music is stored on your local HD, right. In an iTunes folder? Does iTunes show the files correctly? 

Both options did not work. Same behaviour on my Android and iOS gadgets. It seems to me that SPARK's music library refreshing does not work properly for MS-Windows local or network drives.
So, if it is Mac and Windows, Android and iOS, it may be linked to Dialog? I have not seen an update for Spark iOS in the App Store yet (I am still on 1.4.0). Is the problem still reproduce able after a complete reset of the Phantoms/Dialog?

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
By me it's works oke with iOS. I had that problem sometimes before the update, now i looks oke
After installing Spark 1.4.1 on my Windows PC all track titles are recognised and visible. It seems that Spark 1.4.2 has provided us with a new bug.
(05-Feb-2016, 21:17)karebe Wrote: After installing Spark 1.4.1 on my Windows PC all track titles are recognised and visible. It seems that Spark 1.4.2 has provided us with a new bug.

Mac User here, I first got this issue on 1.4 and 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 are have the same bug.

I have the music on an external HD, connected to Mac Mini. Using Spark app on Mac Mini to add the music. It worked flawlessly for months until the arrival of 1.4. Since then it can´t show my title/track song. I have reset everything, including deleted the app, and re-added the folder from the driver. Nothing fixes it on Mac.

Not a huge problem, but would be sweet if Devialet fixed it. :-)