Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Speaker feet suggestions
Hi
I have the PMC 23s and love them but one thing I have never liked is the spiked feet on these.
They sit on wooden floor with floor protectors but I have just never liked them.
Anyone have any suggestions on anything that can improve on this. Budget has to be reasonable. The only thing I have come across which look like the type of thing I am looking for is from Nordost and its way out of the price range.

I am also considering an upgrade in the next few months and the 26s are a consideration , but the one thing that puts me off is the spikes and feet.

Any help appreciated as always
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(22-Mar-2015, 15:45)Womaz Wrote: Hi
I have the PMC 23s and love them but one thing I have never liked is the spiked feet on these.
They sit on wooden floor with floor protectors but I have just never liked them.
Anyone have any suggestions on anything that can improve on this. Budget has to be reasonable. The only thing I have come across which look like the type of thing I am looking for is from Nordost and its way out of the price range.

I am also considering an upgrade in the next few months and the 26s are a consideration , but the one thing that puts me off is the spikes and feet.

Any help appreciated as always

Hi,

These are ridiculous expensive (I guess Füt or Cone) and do not even look at the Ansuz feet there it gets even worse price wise.

If you know a metal workshop, let them have a look at the construction and have them make something the same, order ceramic balls on Ebay. I bet you 1/10 of the price.
I asked here in Sweden and I landed there about in price. 
Otherwise there is very cheap China/Taiwan made aluminium 'damping' constructions for one or more balls on Ebay, buy these and add some ceramic balls of your flavor, preferable zirconium oxide or silicon nitride. See if that works, because the Nordost or Ansuz for sure does not do things better.
By the way, the Raidho 'diamond' coating on their D-series cost about GBP 0,5-5 per cone to coat depending on how big vacuum chamber system that is used. I did a lot of this mixed graphite/diamond coatings during my PhD studies in the 90's. 

By the way doing the 'cheap' route from Ebay purchases and now testing it on my Raidho X1 really took the performance some notches upwards. 

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Thanks for the post. Not sure I am that handy or clever to do as you suggest but I will bear it in mind. You are right there are some crazy prices for this kimd of thing.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Have a look at the Soundcare SuperSpikes.

I'm using these underneath my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers (standard model). They did not affect the sound in any way (positive or negative) but I like the fact that they are protecting my hardwood floors.

http://www.soundcare.no/
(23-Mar-2015, 01:45)samurai7595 Wrote: Have a look at the Soundcare SuperSpikes.

I'm using these underneath my ProAc Response D30R floorstanding speakers (standard model).  They did not affect the sound in any way (positive or negative) but I like the fact that they are protecting my hardwood floors.

http://www.soundcare.no/

You can't listen to any differences at all with or without the dampeners?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I will check these out thank you.