Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify Connect bug
I've encountered a bug in Spotify Connect and wonder if anyone has experienced the same. 
The scenario is as follows: You connect to your Phantom(s) through Spotify Connect, play some music and then stop the music. You then disconnect from the local wifi and use the Spotify app via the cellular network. Then I'm still able to play music on my stereo via Spotify Connect. 
This phenomenon almost caused me a heart attack when a friend of mine decided to play trance in his car with Spotify and accidentally played deafening loud on my stereo. 
I've sent a bug report to Devialet via Spark.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Jul-2016, 13:35)ragwo Wrote: I've encountered a bug in Spotify Connect and wonder if anyone has experienced the same. 
The scenario is as follows: You connect to your Phantom(s) through Spotify Connect, play some music and then stop the music. You then disconnect from the local wifi and use the Spotify app via the cellular network. Then I'm still able to play music on my stereo via Spotify Connect. 
This phenomenon almost caused me a heart attack when a friend of mine decided to play trance in his car with Spotify and accidentally played deafening loud on my stereo. 
I've sent a bug report to Devialet via Spark.

It's a feature of Spotify client software. My other Spotify devices behave the same way.
Was the heart attack due to the volume, or the trance?
--
Stereo Devialet Silver Phantoms via Dialog.
(18-Jul-2016, 15:17)xatm094 Wrote: Was the heart attack due to the volume, or the trance?

The combination is lethal  Tongue

Seems like it's a bug in Spotify Connect, not in the Phantom implementation.
My Phantom Voyage
This doesn't sound like a bug in Spotify Connect.

When connecting the Phantom to Spotify Connect via wifi, I believe the way it works is, it looks for and uses an access token that other, already-authorized Spotify clients (like the Spotify desktop app, or mobile app if your phone is on wifi) are broadcasting over the network. It's done this way to avoid asking you to enter your Spotify username and password into the software that implements Spotify Connect (in this case, Spark).

What's odd here is that your friend's Spotify client started playing over your own Phantom. I suspect Spark saves the first token it finds, and uses it until it breaks.

Was your friend using your device to use Spotify? Or using your account on his phone? It wasn't clear from your post.

But, this is more or less the way Spotify Connect works. A common wifi link between the client and the playback hardware isn't required.
Devialet support has confirmed it's a feature/bug in Spotify Connect. My friend used his own phone with his own Spotify account.
My Phantom Voyage