Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark - iOS - no longer playing files locally stored on device
Hi Guys,

I guess I may be learning about Spark issues first-hand. Just got my silver duo/dialog system setup last night and all was going well. Upon initial use of Spark, it was playing Tidal/iTunes from iMac/local files from my iPhone without hiccup.

However a few hours after, Spark won't play the local files on my iPhone. It will still play files from Tidal and my iTunes library on the iMac though.

I've killed and restarted the app, as well as hard reset my phone...but same thing. Spark will recognize all the songs on my iPhone, but when I press the play button, nothing happens. Wondering if anyone has seen this before. Could this be an issue with Dialog?

I've sent a report to Devialet from the app.

Worse case, i'll try and re-install the app.

Thanks!
In case anyone else encounters this, I did a power cycle of Dialog and it fixed this issue.
Im having the opposite problem since the recent firmware upgrade. I can play local files on my devices but I get a buggy glitch when I try and play my Deezer playlists. So annoying...
I have downgraded to the previous version of Sapark but no joy. Im running windows 8.1 but have noticed the glitch of not playing Deezer playlists on all platforms (IOS, Android and Windows...) Anybody noticed anyrhing similar? Have done full reset numerous times plus reinstalled spark on multiple devices to no avail. Any ideas?
(31-Dec-2015, 14:34)Extra Gravity Wrote: Im having the opposite problem since the recent firmware upgrade. I can play local files on my devices but I get a buggy glitch when I try and play my Deezer playlists. So annoying...
I have downgraded to the previous version of Sapark but no joy. Im running windows 8.1 but have noticed the glitch of not playing Deezer playlists on all platforms (IOS, Android and Windows...) Anybody noticed anyrhing similar? Have done full reset numerous times plus reinstalled spark on multiple devices to no avail. Any ideas?

Is the full reset the factory reset as discribed on www.devialet.com/help ?
Unfortunately it appears the issue I describe in this thread happens quite consistently for me.

I am wondering if my Dialog is defective.

Would anyone be able to please test and see if you have the same issue?

Reproduction steps ( I only reference Tidal as that is the only streaming service I have. Maybe this also happens with others):
1) Using Spark for iOS, play music from Tidal and verify system is working as expected
2) Now select the local device storage and play songs from the iOS library through the system
3) Switch back to playing music via Tidal
4) Switch back to the local iOS library and play songs from the library

Do you encounter any issues where you can see your iOS library, but you are no longer able to select music from the iOS library to play (pressing the tracks or play button does not work)? In my case, the issue manifests at some point of this procedure. It usually happens right away, but not always.

Thank you.
Non problem here. However, have no Tidal subsciption, but Qobuz. I reproduced your steps several times without having any problems (except the klicking when jumping in the playqueue from track to track that came new with the latest fw). There is also no problem when I swich to local files on MacMini. I experienced such 'hanging' problems in the past when the streaming service seemed to be over-used, e.g. on weekends. Maybe this could be the reason. Over holidays more might use Tidal and the switch from local files to streaming might initiate a new login to the streaming service and delays from that side puzzle Spark and Dialog.
Thanks for trying streamy. Maybe my system encountered some weird glitch. I performed a complete system reset over the weekend and so far this issue has not returned. I'll keep testing, but I guess this was a one-off issue for my particular setup.
(04-Jan-2016, 21:35)kameraguy Wrote: Thanks for trying streamy. Maybe my system encountered some weird glitch. I performed a complete system reset over the weekend and so far this issue has not returned. I'll keep testing, but I guess this was a one-off issue for my particular setup.

I'm having the same issue. Did all the resets but no luck. Love to hear some other solutions as My iPhone 6s is the only device I stream music from as I don't want to return these
2 White phantoms with remote and waiting for the 2 branches
Marantz amp with B and W CM 9 with Polk 12"
(12-Jan-2016, 06:05)Slamdunk17 Wrote:
(04-Jan-2016, 21:35)kameraguy Wrote: Thanks for trying streamy. Maybe my system encountered some weird glitch. I performed a complete system reset over the weekend and so far this issue has not returned. I'll keep testing, but I guess this was a one-off issue for my particular setup.

I'm having the same issue. Did all the resets but no luck. Love to hear some other solutions as My iPhone 6s is the only device I stream music from as I don't want to return these

If a "full" system reset doesn't work, then that's all you really can do. At the very least this should get you back to square one. You may wish to send a diagnostic report to Devialet from spark. For grins and giggles, can you isolate the pair and make sure you can stream to either as individual speakers to make sure they work? Then re-add them as a stereo pair. One other thing: kill the spark app from background tasking and restart it. If that doesn't work, perform a hard reset of the phone and try it again.
(12-Jan-2016, 06:05)Slamdunk17 Wrote:

As stupid as this sounds I forgot I upgraded my phone to an iPhone 6s and I had to download all my songs for iPhone again and failed to realize that. Once I did that my problem was solved.
2 White phantoms with remote and waiting for the 2 branches
Marantz amp with B and W CM 9 with Polk 12"