Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotify vs tidal vs qobuz
Agree with franchiser, I’d vote for Qobuz between the 3 listed. Although since I purchased a lifetime room subscription, I think either tidal or qobuz would be about the same.

I personally do not notice a difference between cd quality and hi res options. You may however, so I suggest picking a few of your favorite songs and listen to all 3 and see if you prefer one over the other.
My deciding factor was that I did not care for tidals interface and preferred Qobuz, but since going to roon, this doesn’t matter anymore really.

I had Apple Music prior and I really liked their interface. And if I did not shell out the 500 for the roon lifetime subscription and I had a newer devialet with the ci board and could go directly to the devialet from my iPad Apple Music app, I’d probably have stuck with Apple.
(25-May-2019, 17:29)mmorrison55 Wrote: Agree with franchiser, I’d vote for Qobuz between the 3 listed. Although since I purchased a lifetime room subscription, I think either tidal or qobuz would be about the same.

I personally do not notice a difference between cd quality and hi res options. You may however, so I suggest picking a few of your favorite songs and listen to all 3 and see if you prefer one over the other.
My deciding factor was that I did not care for tidals  interface and preferred Qobuz, but since going to roon, this doesn’t matter anymore really.

I had Apple Music prior and I really liked their interface. And if I did not shell out the 500 for the roon lifetime subscription and I had a newer devialet with the ci board and could go directly to the devialet from my iPad Apple Music app, I’d probably have stuck with Apple.

I'm currently using Apple Music only and think that it sounds really good. Also as you mentioned it is very convenient if you are an Apple user. It's nice to be able to control the music and volume from the Apple Watch. Also when Devialet decides to release AirPlay 2 it gets even more useable with other people being able to add songs to the playlists from their units and the Expert being a part of HomeKit. Got a response from Devialet Support stating that AirPlay 2 is on the roadmap but will be pushed once the new app for the Experts has been rolled out in H2 2019.
Hello, have some providers (Tidal, Qobuz, Spotify get.) Tested. The best offer, and the best sound I found at Qobuz Studio (24 bit). Use Qobuz now 1.5 years without problems, I am very satisfied !! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria