Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Stands/Legs for Devialet Phantom Silver
Do you guys recommend any alternative to the Devialet legs for your Phantom? Happy to read any recommendations. Thank you !
Instead of expensive legs you can use a TV wall mount and make it useful for your Phantoms. It allows reliable positioning of your Phantoms for serious listening and removing them if space is needed for other activities. This solution for me is much better than having to compromise with legs and floor marks when flexible room usage is necessary. Also, prize-wise you might end up 90% cheaper. On the other hand you need to have a wall close and be able or allowed to drill some wholes to insert screws into your walls.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The Trees were a step up from sitting on a flat surface like a buffet or countertop.
I like the Geckos better than the trees - placement on the short wall about 1 foot from the side walls, in an almost square 13' x 14' x 15' room resulted in an "amazing" sound-stage and a nice full range of frequencies at any volume with a very large sweet spot.
Would highly recommend the Geckos based on my experiences.

scott-
(28-Apr-2021, 21:31)scotthar Wrote: The Trees were a step up from sitting on a flat surface like a buffet or countertop.
I like the Geckos better than the trees - placement on the short wall about 1 foot from the side walls, in an almost square 13' x 14' x 15' room resulted in an "amazing" sound-stage and a nice full range of frequencies at any volume with a very large sweet spot.
Would highly recommend the Geckos based on my experiences.

scott-

The problem with Geckos is that the Phantom is too close to the wall in most settings and produces a dull overly bassy sound whereas a tv mount can bring the Phantoms 60 to 80 cm away from walls and therefore creating sufficiently good speaker placement.
I opted for the TreePods instead of the Trees. My Phantoms should be here in about 10 days (Elevate program order) and I can update you then with impressions if it’s of interest.
(29-Apr-2021, 03:00)Charcharius Wrote: I opted for the TreePods instead of the Trees.  My Phantoms should be here in about 10 days (Elevate program order) and I can update you then with impressions if it’s of interest.

Hi... I'm considering the upgrade. Am leaning towards the Treepod vs the Tree. Would be interested in any feedback. Cheers.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
I don’t own the Trees, but I really like the TreePods. I found my reactors really struggled sound-quality wise without stands (which I noticed after I bought stands) and I suspect a similar if smaller effect for the 108s.

I’ll try to post an image.
Took me a bit to figure out how to resize in iOS (shortcuts works well), so here is an image.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)